Hi again

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Hi again

Postby Wowboy on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:22 pm

Well, I've been fairly silent for about a year now, so here's a run down on why. For those who also frequent Joecustoms, I posted some info there a few months ago, mainly to let some people with whom I had pending deals know what was going on with me. Anyway, here is the latest news from the capitol of the Sooner nation.

Some of you may vaguely recall that I had been having problems with a hip injury that had gotten me discharged from the Air Force. Well, because it went untreated for so long a condition called PVNS had set in. PVNS is basically the growth of abnormal tissue in a joint due to prolonged inflammation or some other traumatic condition. The vast majority of the time, PVNS is benign and non-aggressive. Well, I won the lottery because I had a rare case of it being aggressive. The surgery didn't quite get it all, and over a year and a half, the tumors had spread throughout the pelvic and groin region. Once there, some of them even became malignant.

During all of this, my wife showed her true colors. When you have cancerous tumors throughout the region, physical intimacy becomes quite impossible. She could not live without this and started having an affair. After I got laid off from my job, she left me, and we are now getting a divorce. Of course, she cites reasons other than the lack of sex, but they are pretty flimsy, and I have often caught her in blatant lies.

I have definitely been getting tossed about by the world, but I still feel blessed. With my wife out of the picture, I have really been able to connect with a new church and feel that I may have found a new church home. I had some problems with a roomate that moved in right after my wife, but now I am having a very positive experience. My roomate since last June (who was actually present for the fiasco with the other roomate) has now accepted Christ and has completely changed his life. Seeing that unfold before me has been nothing short of inspirational. I have landed a great job with Northrop Grumman in OKC that simply had to be the hand of God. I dropped off my resume at a job fair, they saw it, loved it, and hired me without so much as an interview, and gave me FOUR TIMES the salary that I asked for!

This last week, I realized that when I finished off Revelation last October, I had read the bible in its entirety in less than a year! It's the first time I've ever done that. I've had those yearlong programs before... I usually falter when I hit Leviticus... then gloss over Numbers and Deutoronomy to start fresh with Joshua, but then when I hit the minor prophets I put it down for a month or so and then skip to the New Testament, which I probably have studied the most throughout my life. This time, I actually finished it all. Now, I'm going to go more intense and read more closely, using commentaries as a guide to each book.

Anyways, pray for me as I still have more surgeries to come and more obstacles to go through. My current plan is to let God guide the way. It's working out pretty well so far ;)

Oh, and now at my new job, I have internet access and time enough to browse some forums do more posting... so let's stir up some discussion over here!
Wowboy

Re: Hi again

Postby Matthew on Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:48 pm

hey WB!

I've been thinking about you lately. I always stand in awe of your faith, how you can stand strong in the Lord during the storms. The job is awesome, and I'm sure it'll help financially during the medical times. Hope to see you around lots more too.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:37 pm

Great to hear from you, even though everything is not great. The job information is awesome though!
Things are slow here, but hopefully they will pick up. We just haven't had a lot of conversations, plus a lot of folks are without good net access lately too.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:44 am

God be with you and i'm very blessed to hear a positive testimony after what you've been through. Words can't express my sympathy and if you ever need me i'm here for you.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby camper on Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:56 pm

Haven't hit JC in....can't even remember how long so ALL of this is new to me.

Wow. That's some heavy duty stuff, and I'll keep you in my prayers that things keep moving in a positive direction. So glad to hear you're trusting in God and letting him lead the way.

dan
camper

Return to Member Information