Post where you are in life

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Post where you are in life

Postby Matthew on Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:38 am

Well, the board is pretty dead, so I figured I'd post something for once. Figured I'd post an "update on everyone's life" type thread. Rev has sorta done this already. here is mine

Still working at the same place.
Marriage is going great, and we are trying to have a baby
Wife still in school, but really loves it. It took a while to get to this point, but it is worth it
Playing church softball. It has been a blast, even with a pulled hip flexor :D
Just passed the two year mark at our church and getting ready for a couples retreat and a choir retreat
God has done some amazing things in my life and marriage this year. Things I never thought possible. Things I could never do without Him or my wife Leslie

Guess that is about it. Feel free to post where you are and stuff.
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Post where you are in life

Postby camper on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:06 am

- Getting ready to go to Iraq for 6-9 months
- Talking about selling the house and moving to another when I get back
- My oldest started kindergarten this year, he loves it for the most port except when it's 'boring'
- Decided we're done having kids, will get 'snipped' when I return
- Still haven't gotten around to selling my joes, they're in bins in the garage collecting dust I guess...haven't looked at them in years

Other than that, same old same old :)

dan
camper

Postby Matthew on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:48 am

camper wrote:- Getting ready to go to Iraq for 6-9 months
- My oldest started kindergarten this year, he loves it for the most port except when it's 'boring'
- Still haven't gotten around to selling my joes, they're in bins in the garage collecting dust I guess...haven't looked at them in years

dan

What will you be doing in Iraq?
How many kids do you have? (Can't remember)
I totally understand about selling stuff. I have old childhood toys that I've been wanting to sell for a year. It just takes so much time to do it.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:18 pm

- Living in Irvine, KY again. Never thought that would happen. But I like it.
- Still working as an EMT. Working more hours than I ever thought I would. Spending quite a few nights at the station because I drive an hour to work now, and money is tight.
- Trying to find work closer to our home.
- Still trying to get financially situated. I'm starting to realize that this will take a long time.
- Going to church at my wife's old church. I used to really dislike this church, but it's growing on me.
- Just got a dog not long ago. This will probably be the last addition to our family.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby RevSears on Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:04 am

-more than likely headed for an asylum :)
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:09 am

real answer (okay the one above may count :) )
- We are getting ready to move to Juneau Alaska I've always wanted to go, Heather needed a job as she just graduated with her Masters as an occupational Therapist.
-Pursing a Bachelors in Divinity Online. Online or not it's still hard work and I hope to finish in a 1 - 1/2 switching majors slowed me down, i was a history Major at EKU
-2nd Chance didn't work. We tried to start a church in the area with contemporary worship non-denominational, a contemporary translation (as there isn't such a church around here) we had 2 worship leaders who ran into schedule conflicts, the first building we got backed out, we had numerous people who seemed excited to come, but not to help it get off the ground and it just didn't.
-I'm still have reoccurring side pain, no one can diagnosis it, I'm dead broke because of it, in a couple of weeks when Heather's first check comes in, i'll be headed back to the doctor and this time new ones!
This is very frustrating to me as before this started i got down to 200 lbs (my lowest adult weight) was very fit and still held on to the idea of someday serving in some way or another in the Armed forces. (needed to lose 10 more lbs, just never could shed that last bit off) now ive gained about 35 lbs, and some days i can lift and run and some days... my side just puts me in the bed.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:13 am

camper wrote:- Getting ready to go to Iraq for 6-9 months

dan

I don't think i even knew you were in the service! keep up up to date on that. Call me old-fashioned but i won't be the one to get "snipped." To scary for me!

A lot of my Joes have to go, but no body is buying right now it's a tough deal. I've only bought 2 Joe figs... maybe since we got married at the beginning of the year (and a hunter -killer I remember that being an exception) we've had to be real tight, I don't however want to leave the hobby all together. Just waiting in till finances are better, and Thank God they are getting ready to get better.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:12 am

Glad to finally have the internet back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (been without it for the last four weeks due to a mistake by Verizon...nuff said about that :evil: )

-Received a call out of the blue today about an Algebra Preparation Teaching position. My licensure has lapsed, but if this is God's leading, He'll work out the details. I mean, I currently have a job that I enjoy. I received my provisional teaching licensure in middle school mathematics last June (2008). I applied for jobs but didn't get any calls so I didn't think anymore of it. I noticed my certificate of licensure on the wall of my office JUST TODAY and saw where it expired in July (2009) and thought about taking it down, but something told me to go ahead and leave it up...then BAM! I come home today and there is a message for me to call the school board.... 8O !
-Wife is going through a tough time right now...please pray for her.
-My daughter is in kindergarten now :cry: , but it doing well.
-God is opening and closing doors in my life everyday. Please pray that I will continue to follow His leading not matter what the cost.

So I would say I am coming to a crossroad in life. There will be some major changes, but I pray they will all be for the better and bring God glory through my life!
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Glad to have you back. Keep us posted about all this.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby BigH09 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:21 pm

Hey guys, Rev has already told you a lot about what is going on here. We are moving to Alaska! My mom has cried non-stop but Sam and I think that God is leading us there. Sam has already found two churches that might be interesting. There are lots of opportunities to serve! Here are some things I've been up to lately,

I graduated with a master's degree in Occupational Therapy!
I passed my certification exam (first try)!!
I had one job interview in Kentucky, was hired, then let go. :cry: (The company went direct hire, I was with a staffing company)
I had a couple of interviews in Alaska (phone interviews) and the one that I thought I totally bombed hired me. Now that is a gift from God!
I am now waiting on my license to come through, when they do I will be an OTR/L

I am trying to get everything packed up or sold right now. We are having a moving sale tomorrow and the rest of the weekend, I hope it doesn't rain.

God is Great and I know that he has great things in store for us!
BigH09

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:41 am

I'm busy and tired :)

Just teaching and coaching, trying to find the desire and time to do some things at home. Its been forever since I posted on here, mainly because I should be doing work right now (way behind on grading papers).

Tis life...
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Professor on Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Well right now, I'm just trying to wrap everything together before the Christmas break ( in 2 weeks). Data collection can be very cumbersome, and it seems I spend more time on paperwork than actually teaching. I have a great group of students this year and I can say they are making excellent progress.

I am also excited because I will be finishing my Masters in Special Education - Low Incidence (Autism) with a Positive Behavior Support certificate (PBS) this week! It has been very trying as I have spent most of the evenings working on school work late into the night. I do make a point though to wait until my children go to bed before I do my work - I devote my time from 3 to 8 to them.

On the family front, It's exciting to have my oldest daughter perform in ballet and choir this year for Christmas. She truly loves it and her baby sister is her biggest fan. I also have been enjoying taking the wife and kids for drives to get Starbucks and look at Christmas lights.

So in a nutshell, things are speeding up at work, but slowing down at home. I truly cannot wait for the break this year and spend a wonderful three weeks with my family, taking them to the snow (Flagstaff), the zoo (San Diego), visiting family (L.A./Phoenix), and sitting at home with a fire watching movies. :cobra:
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:11 pm

Professor wrote:Well right now, I'm just trying to wrap everything together before the Christmas break ( in 2 weeks). Data collection can be very cumbersome, and it seems I spend more time on paperwork than actually teaching. I have a great group of students this year and I can say they are making excellent progress.

What kind of job do you have? I teach 5th grade.
chad_ghost

"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Professor on Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:36 pm

I teach 1st/2nd grade students with Autism.
I have a B.A. in Cross-Categorical Special Education and taught SLD/ED students at the middle school before changing my position. Like I said, paperwork can be challenging with IEP's, progress monitoring, FBA/BIPs for behaviors, and a variety of other reports, not to mention the paper work for the Student Assistance Team and assisting with 504's. I love it though, special education is a passion.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 pm

Professor wrote:I teach 1st/2nd grade students with Autism.
I have a B.A. in Cross-Categorical Special Education and taught SLD/ED students at the middle school before changing my position. Like I said, paperwork can be challenging with IEP's, progress monitoring, FBA/BIPs for behaviors, and a variety of other reports, not to mention the paper work for the Student Assistance Team and assisting with 504's. I love it though, special education is a passion.

Neat. From what I have seen, SPED is something you have to love. Aside from the job itself, the paperwork seems like another full time job all together.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Next

Return to Member Information