Introductions

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Introductions

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:55 pm

let us know a little about yourself.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby tigerguy786 on Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:33 pm

My real name is Jeremy

I attend a school in Antarctia...I mean upstate New York, called the Word of Life Bible Institute (http://www.wol.org).

I originally am from the grand state of Texas (San Antonio), but my family (thusly home) is in Sacramento, California.

I have a sister, and both parents. All of whom are believers, praise be to Jesus. My sister is getting ready to be married, June 10th, and my parents plan to travel all the way from California by train.

I was saved at 4 or 5 (don't remember exact date or time, remember it happening however) when i asked my dad how to be saved. Since then I've grown up in church, but I was never all that on fire for God, maybe I was the week I got home from a summer camp or from any of those grandious youth things, but it never lasted. Now however I am dedicated to whatever God has planned for me. not sure what that is at this point, it would seem something involving youth ministry.

Ok, so it's a bit more than 'a little about yourself' but trust me i could babble on for days, I'm good at that.
tigerguy786

Hi...

Postby V_Max on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:54 pm

Hello, everyone. This is kind of a weird step for me, as I have not, by nature, really been a religious person in my lifetime so far... first of all, I am the person Matthew was referring to in this thread:

http://www.smelcer.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=37

I have had some experiences in recent years that have left me questioning some things, and wanting to learn more about religion in general and Christianity specifically. I have been a G.I. Joe fan for over 20 years, and Matthew was kind enough to invite me over here to try and share in some experiences.

Please forgive my very limited knowledge and experience in the aspects of Christianity, but my mind is open and I'm really eager to explore these new feelings I'm having.

Thanks very much for having me, I look forward to some interesting discussion.

V.M.
V_Max

Re: Hi...

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:33 pm

V_Max wrote:Hello, everyone. This is kind of a weird step for me, as I have not, by nature, really been a religious person in my lifetime so far... first of all, I am the person Matthew was referring to in this thread:

http://www.smelcer.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=37

I have had some experiences in recent years that have left me questioning some things, and wanting to learn more about religion in general and Christianity specifically. I have been a G.I. Joe fan for over 20 years, and Matthew was kind enough to invite me over here to try and share in some experiences.

Please forgive my very limited knowledge and experience in the aspects of Christianity, but my mind is open and I'm really eager to explore these new feelings I'm having.

Thanks very much for having me, I look forward to some interesting discussion.

V.M.

Hey that's great! Glad to have you. I am sure many were praying for you and Matthew during that time and I am happy to see you jump onto the site.

Don't worry about your "limited" knowledge and really no need to even ask for forgiveness. We have all been at the at point (and sometimes I still feel I am still there now!) sometimes in our lives. Ask whatever you want and we'll do our best to encourage you in your exploration.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby Jedi Master Shadow on Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:44 pm

Welcome V-Max! I second GI Bri in saying not to worry about any knowledge you may or may not have about "religion" or Christianity. We're happy you're here - if you have any questions or thoughts, ask away!

By the way, I'm assuming V-Max is short for Venimous Maximus and not "KeVin Max" - but I had to plug one of the greatest Christian singers out there right now. If you like deep, honest and introspective lyrics, combined with some experimental pop/rock goodness, I could suggest nothing better than to get his CD "The Imposter"It's one of my personal favorite albums ever.
Ephesians 6:11 - "Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil."

Jedi Master Shadow

Postby V_Max on Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys, much appreciated. I'm really enjoying the conversation here already. :)

VM
V_Max

Postby Jimmyboy on Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:47 pm

Welcome in, VMax!
Jimmyboy

Postby Matthew on Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:06 am

As most of you guys know, I'm chad's twin brother. I am currently living right outside Knoxville, TN working as a CAD Draftsmen. My dream is to work in the toy industry.

I became a Christian at 12, but really haven't pursued Christ until this year. Getting married in August has really given me a since of purpose and responsibilty to be the spiritual leader in my family (to my wife, and to kids if we are blessed enough to have them).

Glad to be a part of such a unique site.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:09 pm

so youd think since i started the thread i introduce myself, huh?

well, i am the founder of this site. its something that God laid on my heart over a year ago, but i kept putting it off. im so glad that its finally here.

anyway, ive been a joe fan all my life, but i didnt pick the hobby back up until around 1999, when i sought after my grail, the original Cobra Commander. since then ive been collecting and customizing, which has been the most fun.

right now i am a grad student and will be graduating May '06, then searching for a teaching job in an elementary school.

lastly, and most important, is my Faith. ive been in church all my life and was saved at 12, but never understood it all until i was 22. God spoke to me the summer of '03, showing me the importance of putting Him first and learning His Word. ive never been the same since, and my life has gained greater meaning.

anyway, if you are reading this and havent joined, i encourage you to do so. its been a blessing to me.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

I'm back!

Postby V_Max on Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:12 pm

I know I don't post much so people probably don't even notice, but I was out of town for 4-5 days, but I'm back now, and I'm hoping to get more active...

I was in New York City for the Toy Fair and ended up having a blast with the whole thing, but didn't get much chance to visit all of the different boards out there... ;)

Justin
V_Max

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:35 pm

THE MANIAC IS BACK! :)

seriously, welcome, v_max! glad to have you!

for those who don't remember, i'm the same caffeine-obsessed pyromaniac from the joecustoms board, and a cousin of normus, also a joecustoms poster and a brother in Christ.

and also, for those who are wondering, my daughter is doing well, and is completely healthy now! :D
Last edited by the pyromaniac on Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby ColtsFan76 on Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:01 pm

the pyromaniac wrote:THE MANIAC IS BACK! :)

for those who are wondering, my daughter is doing well, and is completely healthy now! :D

Great to hear both bits of info!
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Greetings fellow believers

Postby Macewindupreview on Fri May 05, 2006 8:42 am

Hi, my name is Chris, I am 31 years old, I have two step kids and one of my own , 14, 12, and my two year old little girl. I am a stay at home dad due to an on the job injury a few years back and I love it. I am a believer in Christ and He is the reason I am sober, happy and learning each day.

I collect, GI Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, and anything else that catches my eye.
To be or not to be, it is not a question, but a choice, an inevitability and something to accept.

God is my shelter, Christ the light in my shelter and the Holy Spirit is the voice that speaks to me along the wind.
Macewindupreview

Postby Matthew on Fri May 05, 2006 9:28 am

great to have you aboard Chris!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby ColtsFan76 on Fri May 05, 2006 9:45 am

Welcome aboard!

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Next

Return to Member Information