Introductions

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Re: Introductions

Postby chad_ghost on Fri May 09, 2008 9:49 am

Hey man! Glad to see you here. I hope that you will make this site a place you'll be on often. I believe that you will enjoy it here.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby MacGyver on Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:52 pm

Welcome aboard Brad! I was stoked to see you join up! :) Haven't had much time to be around much...I'll post an update for you guys. ;)
MacGyver

Postby MacLeaper on Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:19 am

Welcome, salutations and all like that. Always great to have another Christian brother on board, Brad. :)
And I have to say, living in the South myself (though definitely not from it originally...)- I understand the NASCAR fervor (that is to say that it exists in the South. I'm not sure why- but it exists. :P ) I'm pretty much a fan of most all sports so I like NASCAR okay- though it's not my favorite. I think when I do watch NASCAR events, the main folks I'm generally impressed by are the pit crew. They do an incredible job to keep the driver on the road- so I can appreciate the teamwork involved there and the skill of the pit crew- wow, if they could get these guys hired at the auto store, that would rock! I could have all my tires changed and rotated and my oil changed in under 5 minutes! :D 8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me." - Jesus Christ (John 14:6)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

YO JOE!!!
MacLeaper

Location: mentally off on Pluto sometimes, but physically on Earth (for now!) ;-)

Postby destros_elite on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:57 am

Hey everybody!
I began listening to G.I. Joe Review about two months ago and just finished catching up yesterday. I have been meaning to join Army4One for a while now, but am just now getting around to it. I live in Southwest Virginia and work full-time as a Job Readiness Instructor at a community action agency and part-time as youth pastor at my church.
I am excited about meeting brothers in Christ and sharing about our wonderful LORD!
I grew up on G.I. Joe! I remember my first encounter was the original airing of The Mass Device mini-series. I was hooked! My first figure was Flash and my first comic was issue 51, though I was only able to get them through the Civil War because with no comic book shops around, I couldn't find them after 7-11 stopped carrying G.I. Joe.
Well, guys, I'm currently trying to collect the entire Marvel Run of G.I. Joe, so if anyone has some issues they are selling or willing to trade away (I don't care about the condition as long as they are A) readable, and B) have a cover, even if it isn't attached). I'll be listing what I need later. Also, I have a number of the 80's run of Joe figures with a bunch of weapons and body parts. So if you are looking for any particular figure, part or weapon, I'll be glad to try to help you.
I look forward to meeting you all!

Yo Joe!

Jeremiah 29:11-13
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:16 am

Glad to have you on board!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby MacGyver on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 am

Nice to meetcha DE! It's cool to have you join the ranks!
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:27 pm

Thanks,McGyver!
This is an awesome website! Christian fellowship and G.I. Joe!? It doesn't get much better than that! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby MacGyver on Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:34 pm

It doesn't, does it? :D
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby BigH09 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Hi everyone! Wow its been a long time since I've posted on any kind of board. My real name is Heather and I'm married to Revsears. He encouraged me to get on here to get into some discussions and such. Anyway, my username is from my childhood, and the '09 stands for the year I graduate from grad school!!
I am currently a grad student at Eastern Kentucky University and am finishing up my fieldwork experience. I'm so excited to almost be finished with school so I can start getting paid for my work. I guess I should tell you what I'm going to school for...I'm going to be an Occupational Therapist. If any of you have any questions about what this is, just ask and I'll be happy to tell you.
I'm excited to be on here, I've heard such good things about this sight and am glad that we have support here. I have not been a Christian for very long but I have learned so much through my husband and others. I have a crazy background in my religious experiences and am glad that God has brought me to the place I am now.
I am looking forward to getting to know all of you! :D
BigH09

Postby destros_elite on Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:18 pm

Nice to have you aboard, Heather! There are a lot of great people here who love the LORD. So don't be shy about posting and enjoy! :D
destros_elite

Postby andrwfields on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Glad to have you MrsRev
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:33 am

Welcome aboard Heather!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Great to have you here Heather.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Thu May 28, 2009 9:44 am

Yay! i actually didn't notice when she posted this! glad your here honey
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Professor on Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Well, I'm new to posting to the board but have been reading up and listened to the podcast for awhile.

To tell you all a little about myself, I am first and foremost a father of two beautiful girls(my angels). I reside in Arizona with my wife of seven years, where we both teach. I teach special education - Autism, which I believe is my calling for many different reasons and attribute it to the path that God has laid out for me. I find fulfillment in my life through my family and my career and enjoy waking each morning and making an attempt to make a positive impact of my community.

I have been a lifelong fan of G.I. Joe and have great memories of playing with my cousins, friends, and neighbors, as well as reading the comic books and watching the cartoons. I began listening to the G.I.Joe podcast review last year and it has rekindled my interest in G.I.Joe to the point where I now collect and plan to develop my own customs soon.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

PreviousNext

Return to Member Information