Introductions

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Re: Introductions

Postby Matthew on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:12 pm

chad_ghost wrote:Great to have you. I'm happy to hear that you are excited about getting involved here.

ditto
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby MacGyver on Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:05 am

Welcome to all the recent new members! MacL...it's about time you post! LOL! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you contribute here...told you you'd like it! MacL's a great guy and solid in the Lord...you'll enjoy him. ;)
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby MacLeaper on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:22 pm

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence, MacGyver. :) And for all the welcomes and greetings.
I hope to contribute to discussions here as much as I can, as time and God allows, of course.
8)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me." - Jesus Christ (John 14:6)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

YO JOE!!!
MacLeaper

Location: mentally off on Pluto sometimes, but physically on Earth (for now!) ;-)

Postby Huxford's Hiatus on Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Hello all. My name is Chris and I am finally joining up here. I found this place through MacGyver via JoeBattleLines, and also Chad_Ghost via Blood for the Baron. It is fellow Christians that also enjoy my hobbies that prompted me to come here.

I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior 21 years ago. I am married and we have two awesome sons. I live in Granite Bay, California. I no longer collect the small GI Joe figures, but I do collect other things like 12" Joes and Action Man, Micronauts, and Microman figures.

Not sure how active I will be in posting here, but I will be around.

Chris
Huxford's Hiatus

Postby Matthew on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:58 am

great to have you on board Chris!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:07 am

Good to see you here Chris. I hope you like it here!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby MacLeaper on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:15 am

I no longer collect the small GI Joe figures, but I do collect other things like 12" Joes and Action Man, Micronauts, and Microman figures.

What? No love for the 3 3/4 inch Joes? LOL- that's the stuff I grew up on, man. Ha- but that's cool. Greetings and salutations and all like that, Chris. It's great to have so many Christians united on this board who also enjoy cool things like G.I. Joe and toys in general, etc.
I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior 21 years ago. I am married and we have two awesome sons.

Amen! Rock on! Jesus rules! (And I mean that literally! ;-))
Hope everyone had a great Easter, while I'm thinking of it. Jesus lives! Hallelujah! :-)
"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by Me." - Jesus Christ (John 14:6)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

YO JOE!!!
MacLeaper

Location: mentally off on Pluto sometimes, but physically on Earth (for now!) ;-)

Postby Huxford's Hiatus on Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:34 am

Thanks for the welcome guys!
MacLeaper wrote: Amen! Rock on! Jesus rules! (And I mean that literally! ;-))

Awesome enthusiasm, MacLeaper! Praise the Lord!
Huxford's Hiatus

Postby Whiplash on Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:41 pm

Hello everybody! My name is Jerry. I joined the forums a few weeks ago and am just now posting!! :oops:

Anyway, my code name on the forums is Whiplash. This is a play on the Steel Brigade GI Joe figure I got from the mail away offer year's ago. I named mine Whiplash then and always considered it my "GI Joe Nickname". NOW, finally, I have a place to use it!

I'm an active member of Star Wars Action News and saw Sidewinder's posts there about the GI Joe Review podcast. About a month ago I downloaded them all and have been listening to them in order (GREAT FOR ROAD TRIPS!). Anyway, I've been really enjoying these and was glad to see 2 new episodes recently. (I love Transformers so the April Fool's episode was RIGHT up my alley!)

My GI Joe background: I loved watching the TV show as a kid, and had a few of the figures. Since I was into Transformers, I never got too many Joes. Also, I never read the comics, but with the comic packs from a couple years ago, I became very intrigued by them. So in lieu of actually owning or reading any of the original Marvel Joe comics, I really enjoy the podcast to help me know what the comics were all about!! I started buying Joes on a regular basis in 1993 when I was in college. I noticed they started reissuing new versions of all the classic characters (Snake Eyes, Duke, Cobra Commander, etc.) and I decided to not pass them up! Since then I've bought pretty much any figure that I liked, but am not a completionist! I really enjoy collecting the 25th Anniversary figures.

GI Joe and Star Wars aside, I am born-again believer in Jesus Christ first and foremost! I was very excited to see that army4One.com has such a strong spiritual side. I attend a Baptist church in Oxford, OH (home of Miami University or "Miami of Ohio" as you may hear it referred to whenever they talk about Ben Roethlisberger on TV :D ). There I lead the choir and congregational music. Also, I enjoy working with out youth. No doubt I'm really going to enjoy the community here!

Thanks!
Whiplash

Postby Matthew on Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:13 am

Glad to have you on board Jerry. What's great about this site is that it is about Christ, not just toys. Toys and Comics have really brought us here, but Christ is what makes this place what it is.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:13 pm

Neat!! Glad that you've joined here, that enjoy the podcast, and, best of all, that we share your love of Jesus Christ!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby tigerguy786 on Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:55 pm

I guess I should probably update my info seeing as how it has been two years since my original introduction.

My name Jeremy, for those who do not already know.

I am 21, I am attending Davis College and majoring in TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language). I have three more semesters to go, assuming all goes well. I finished at WOLBI (Word of Life Bible Institute) back in August, so I transferred here to complete my college edjimacation. So far it has been a rather pleasant experience. I love the church I am going to, Park Avenue Baptist Church (which isn't on Park Ave...go figure). The pastor there is awesome, he's sound in preaching and keeps the gospel at the center of all of the ministries and his sermons. I work with AWANA there with the 3rd to 5th grade kids. It's a lot of fun, most of the time. Sometimes it's tough, but that's how ministry is I guess.

As far as hobbies go: I like to write and am working on a novel called From the Ashes, the details of which I will tell upon request. Surviving school is another one.

That's me in 100 words or so, good night all!
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send and who will go before us?"
Then said I, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
tigerguy786

Postby MacGyver on Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:10 am

Wow...I haven't been here in a looooooong time! Long story short, in the process of doing my taxes a turbotax download set off all kinds of malware warnings and so I spent a coupla days "fixing" my computer and then finishing my taxes and I've just been crazy busy since! I've slowly creeped back into all the forums I belong to...and here I am! :)

Huge welcome to Chris! So glad you followed my awesome (lol) advice and joined up! Welcome to Whiplash, too. And thanks for the update tigerguy!

Small update on me...Turbotax fiasco aside, I've been busy getting kiddo's portfolio ready for his school evaluation and getting him ready for his 3d grade testing. He did well (I think) and we still have to finish up the school year. We're a little behind, tho and will get our 180 days in the second week of June. Still a senior high youth leader...now working with our new youth pastor (not sure I mentioned that yet) and teaching senior high Sunday school. I'm still customizing Sigmas and now 25thA figs , and have also gotten myself into a long and involved project: painting my Transformers chess set. :D All the customizing's going slow with how busy I've been, tho.
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby tr101al on Fri May 09, 2008 12:49 am

Hello everyone! A few of you know me from Joecustoms.com. For those who don't, my name is Brad. I'm a 34-year-old husband and father to 4 and 6 year-old boys. I was saved when I was eight and grew up in the church for most of my life. I work in retail, so my schedule is always a mess and is not always Sunday friendly (aka I have to work a lot of Sundays). I am truly thankful that our fairly local Christian station, Power 88 (goforthmedia.org), serves as my daily worship. I love Christian music. I'm a huge fan of Michael W. Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman, DCtalk, the Newsboys, Barlowgirl...the list goes on and on. Living in the South, I'm also a Nascar fan. If anyone follows Nascar or would enjoy a really fun devotional, check out the one Darrell Waltrip put out a few years back. I don't have the title handy, but feel free to e-mail, and I'll get it for you.

Brad
tr101al

Postby andrwfields on Fri May 09, 2008 6:56 am

Great to have you Brad!

I can't say that I've followed Nascar in some many years, but it was always my favorite thing to fall asleep to on Sunday afternoons. I would wake up and never feel like I missed anything! :lol:
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

PreviousNext

Return to Member Information