Hello...

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Hello...

Postby lobo on Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:23 pm

I was reading a topic on joecustoms today, and happened to glance at a link for the site...

The link pointed across the internet, and I followed.

I am 28. I was baptized at 13. Recently I left a church of 7 years, and started going to another one. I have been writing for about 3 years, and sending them out as email devotionals.
lobo

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:48 pm

Welcome aboard!
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:01 pm

Glad to have you! :)

...what I'm curious about is if the link was in a post or if it was in one of our signatures over there, since I know several of us have it as part of our signatures. Really, I'm just wondering how effective that is. :)
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby lobo on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:26 pm

Someone named Matthew had the link in his signature... :) I just happened to see it.
lobo

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:31 pm

great!! Matthew is my brother, and im the founder of the site.

glad to have you. as for your email devotionals, id love to read them. if you want to post them here, that would be great. might even be able to open up a section for them.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby PoetFlint on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:06 pm

Welcome, its a good bunch of guys here!
I put the link into my signature as well for just the same purpose.
PoetFlint

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:15 pm

This really is a great bunch of guys here... That's what keeps me interested in Joes, to tell ya the truth... We have some great discussions over here on the Christian faith, music, reading, and of course, Joes. :)
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby ColtsFan76 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:07 am

Lobo-

I just wanted to say thank you for posting your random thoughts on the board. I love how God works and some of what you have written already, especially the one about the empty gas tank, are things I need to hear right now. Thank you for the encouragement.

Now as you mentioned above, you wrote all of these yourself? Do we have permission to pass some along to our friends via email also? If so, how would you like us to credit you?
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby lobo on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:50 am

Occasionally, I send out an email of something I find on the internet. Those I label "__________________ -- from the internet", or something like that.

Otherwise, what I send out, I have written.

If I use song lyrics, I put the band and the song.

You may pass things along. If you're on the list, click to forward it. If you copy it from the board, you can put something like:

written by: Ed (EL22LOBO@aol.com)

or

written by: lobo on the army4one.com board

If you feel like it will help someone, send it. I won't get mad.

It is only if you don't help someone that I may become upset or even :cry: .

If you're not on the list, and want on it, send me an email with a relevant subject line.
lobo

Postby Matthew on Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:45 am

lobo wrote:Someone named Matthew had the link in his signature... :) I just happened to see it.

score!

great to have you
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to Member Information