Please allow me to introduce myself...

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Postby eldurand on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:55 pm

Howdy all, just though I'd introduce myself.

First though, thanks to ColtsFan76. Is was his sig at the Battlelore forum that led me here.

I was born in Argentina, and raised as a Catholic. We moved to the US when I was only 3 years old, and have been here ever since (I am 41 now). My folks did not practice Catholicism, but felt it was important for us to be grounded in the faith, so they'd take us to church on Sundays, drop us off, and then come back when the classes and Mass were over. I stayed in the Catholic church through confirmation.

Throughout college, my faith had absolutely no impact whatsoever on my daily life. I have always believed in God, and Jesus, but it was not a personal relationship, more like a knowledge that He was out there, somewhere. After college I went through some very painful stuff (bad marriage, divorce, death of a fiancee) but through it all the Lord was leading me back to Himself. An old friend of mine, who had stopped hanging out with "the crowd" when she was saved, because we were a very bad influence, got back in touch with me, and eventually led me to a saving faith in Christ, using the bridge illustration and some audio tapes. That was 15 years ago. We started dating after that, and now we have been married 12 years and have two great kids, a daughter 8, and a son 5. :D

I attend an inter-denominational Christian church, where I teach third and fourth graders on Sundays, and help out in other ways as well. My church small group has become closer to me than my biological family, and I love each and every one of them dearly. God has surrounded me with terrific brothers and sisters in Christ to encourage, support and admonish me, as needed. I hope to find the same sort of fellowship here.

My interests are wargames (currently Battlelore). I used to be VERY into Warhammer/Warhammer 40K/Mordheim and other Games Workshop games, and have tons of figures I will be selling to fund my current obsessions! ;) I collect Playmobil toys, and am active on a couple of forums, known as Captain Henry since Pirates are my passion. I customize the figures and ships, painting the hulls and creating custom sails and such. I had no idea you could do the same sort of customizing with GI Joe until very recently. Oddly, although I found this board through Battlelore, this Christmas I bought a bunch of the 3.75" Joes for my kids (they alreadty had some) and got myself some Dreadnoks! :D I even did a very simple Stargate SG-1 custom (I like that show alot, and my wife and I are currently working our way through the series on DVD).

Professionally, I am a photographer/photo editor for a major news agency. I am based in Washington, DC, but I do get to travel some, mostly to sporting events.

Anyway, phew, enough about me! Thanks to chad_ghost for creating this great forum, and I look forward to getting to know you all. My time is unfortunately limited, and I have to ration it out among several boards, but I will participate as much as I am able.

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:30 am

Since it was my sig that brought you here, let me be the first to welcome you!!! Great to have you Henry!!

Sounds like you have had a very interesting life that could have led you down many paths. It is quite a testimony that you kept your compass set on God and are all the stronger for it.

I look forward to hearing more from you here and over at the DOW site. If you're up to it, maybe we can try to get a few games of BL in on vassal sometime.

Have a great one!
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

aka G.I. Bri

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:51 pm

Great to have you here. You have a great story and I cannot wait to hear more from you.

and I too like SG-1 :)

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."

Postby Matthew on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:27 am

Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing your awesome testimony. Hope you feel right at home here.
The Mayor

Postby eldurand on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! I am glad to be here. If I can get some pictures taken of my SG-1 custom, I will post them over the weekend. Although I am sure some have been done before.

And Brian, once I get a good feel for the rules and see how Vassal works, I;d love to get in a few online BattleLore games! Thanks!

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:10 pm

Hope to see the sg-1 customs. I'm also a fan. Shame the show is ending :(

Glad to have you aboard, stick around!

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu May 03, 2007 2:39 pm

I've been outta here for months, but I just wanted to say howdy! :) I also collect Playmobils. :)
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby MacGyver on Thu May 03, 2007 7:44 pm

Hey! Welcome to the board! I loved your story. God is so cool! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you...and seeing your SG-1 customs! I'm kind of a fan, but have only seen seasons 2 and 3 and part of 1. My little boy is going on 8 and he, I mean we, are obsessed with GI Joe. ;)
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.

Return to Member Information