Hi all! This is such a cool place!

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Hi all! This is such a cool place!

Postby MacGyver on Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Hey! I got clued into this place by PoetFlint and thought I'd check it out. I already belong to 2 other Joe forums and the best MacGyver forum online (in my very humble opinion), but this was just too good to pass up! So thanks for the invite PoetFlint! If you're on yojoe or joebattlelines you'll recognize me...

I'll try to keep my intro brief...I like to write, as you'll see. I say I "grew up" watching GI Joe and MacGyver, but really I was already 9 or 10 when the first Joe miniseries happened....lol....too old for a girl to say "Mom I want Shipwreck for my birthday," but young enough to justify playing with my brother's Joes, cuz, well, I was spending time with my brother! I was definitely a tomboy. Don't let the fact that I'm female fool ya! Joe, Transformers, MacGyver were all right up my alley. Now I get to share all that with my little boy...I think we're both certified Joejunkies.

Well, on to the GOOD stuff! I'm a born-again Christian, mother of one, wife, and youth leader to about 20 teens who roll their eyes when I talk about MacGyver or GI Joe. I've been saved for about 13 years and having been teaching teens in my church for about 11 years. I wasn't raised in a Chistian home (in the true sense of Christianity) and my family generally thinks I'm a freak, but I'm ok with it. Hearing my son make up and sing his own songs to God is so worth the freakiness!

I'm lookin forward to getting to know you all! If you wanna know more of my story, just ask...it's weird and convoluted and not as terrible as some but enough to remind how much I need Jesus and to equip me for whatever God has called me to. ;)

Off to explore!
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby Matthew on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:18 pm

great to have you aboard!

great to have a gal aboard. can't wait to see all your contributions!
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:33 pm

Great to have you aboard. I look forward to hearing more from you.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby PoetFlint on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:38 pm

Hey Mac :D
Glad you made it over here. I myself definatley need to be spending more time here. I too look forward to what you have to say.
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3
PoetFlint

Postby PoetFlint on Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Oh yeah... So do you like the A-Team and Airwolf as well ??
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3
PoetFlint

Postby MacGyver on Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:12 am

Thanks! I probably can't say I was a fan of ATeam or Airwolf...I remember enjoying them back in the day, but I didn't catch them all the time like I did with MacGyver. :) I think Hubby was really into Airwolf tho...I'll have to ask him. ;)

MacGyver

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:06 pm

Great to have you on board. Another youth worker, a mom and ... wait a woman? we don't have many of those do we?

I'm a macgyver fan to? did you follow rda to stargate? i love him there too.
RevSears

Postby MacGyver on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:15 pm

Nice to be here! I actually didn't get into Stargate until just this past year when a friend of mine bought me season 2 and 3 as a gift. Definitely a cool show, but it's different seeing RDA in a shoot-em-up cocky guy role. He's just a super actor in either role, but Mac will always be my fave! If you're a current Macfan, you ought to check out http://www.macgyveronline.org. I've been there for a couple of years or more now. ;)

MacGyver

Re: Hi all! This is such a cool place!

Postby JustAGrl on Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:43 pm

MacGyver wrote:
I'm lookin forward to getting to know you all! If you wanna know more of my story, just ask...it's weird and convoluted and not as terrible as some but enough to remind how much I need Jesus and to equip me for whatever God has called me to. ;)

Off to explore!

I would like to know more of your story.....
JustAGrl

Return to Member Information