The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Postby JustAGrl on Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:43 pm

I thought I was registered before but then I checked and I wasn't so I re-registered. I usually just lurk and don't post much. But thought I should at least say hello.

I am going through a divorce and waiting for it to be final. I have been pretty depressed lately and have pretty much been avoiding my friends. I guess I am at a place in my life where I am not sure what I want and have no definate direction.

I haven't been to church on a regular basis in years. I am Christian but haven't really felt close to the Lord in a long time. I like coming to this sight and reading about everyone's faith and dedication. It feels nice to know others still believe and have faith when it seems mine is lacking. I am not sure if that makes any sense.

Anyhoos, not sure how much I will or won't be posting. But wanted to thank everyone that does post because I find it for uplifting and I can really use that in my life right now.

Postby MacGyver on Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi! Welcome to something more than lurker status! :) It sounds like you've really come to the right place. Yes we share our faith and dedication, but also our imperfections, struggles and messes. I love the realness you experience here. I know how easy it is to cut yourself off from your friends and shut up inside yourself. I hope you find comfort, friendship, encouragement, and accountability here on exactly the level you need (maybe not want, but need). I did see your interest in hearing more of my story and I promise, soon, I'll get some posted. Feel free to PM me if you like, too! :)
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.

Postby RevSears on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:48 am

welcome aboard, unfortantly several of us on the boards have ran into divorce but God has and still is getting us through and i'm sure he will carry you too. Post when you can, the more the merrier

Postby Matthew on Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:59 am

I'll echo what everyone else said. There are several who are going through, and are divorced, but have all been able to have amazing faith and relationships with the Lord.

Glad to have you aboard.
The Mayor

Postby camper on Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:08 am

Welcome aboard, and I just want to say that as painful as it was so many years ago, my divorce was probably the best thing that ever happened to me.

Stay strong in your faith, and stay patient with what God is doing, and years from now you'll see how even at the worst time in your life His hand was guiding things along the whole time.

We would rarely choose what's best for us, if it would cause us any pain at all. Just trust that He knows what He's doing, and let Him do it.

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:32 pm

Welcome! I hope that we can all get to know you better here, and that you will be able to share and learn and grow alongside everyone as we all strive for a closer relationship with Him.

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."

Postby PoetFlint on Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:41 pm

Hey Buddy. Sorry for you as well. I'll be honest God has given me real peace about my situation. He is Jehovah-Shalom "The Lord Our Peace"
God is our strength. I'll be praying for you as well. Good to see you over here. I am not online much at all anymore.
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3

Postby JustAGrl on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:18 pm

I really like this site. It feels so nice being able to talk about God with others. It is something I hadn't realized how much I missed. I think every single person here is amazing to freely and boldly proclaim their faith of love for our Savior. You guys are just so cool. I really can't wait to get to know everyone better.

Postby Chuck Norris on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:51 pm

Glad to see you hear, welcome!

I would have to say one of the greatest blessings of this sight is the honesty and vulnerability people show with there posts. Both those characteristics are extremely hard to find in this world we live.

Good to have you and feel free to discuss and post as you see fit.

Christ Blessings,

Chuck Norris
does not sleep. He waits.

Postby Rockpop on Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:22 pm

Glad your here and welcome.

I don't stop in too often, but Chuck is right, this site has some great people that offer support and blessings. It helps a lot to get you through the day, and there are some great viewpoints shared here.
aka Solo

Return to Member Information