Introductions....Part 2

The beginning... if you are new to the site or just looking for some information about the others, want to introduce yourself, discuss your denomination, etc, start here.

Introductions....Part 2

Postby JustAGrl on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:16 pm

I know there is an introductions thread already, but most of the posts are REALLY old. So I though tit would be cool if you could re-introduce yourself and tell us about yourself.
JustAGrl

Postby PoetFlint on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:46 pm

Name: Jeremy

Status: awaiting end of time period for divorce to be final
My feelings on divorce: It sucks and is wrong in most cases. The exceptions: adultary and abandonment of family

overall christian view: Penticostal/Charismatic

Kids: none

Work: Conservation/Agriculture

Places I've been to:
Cameroon
France
Cote Iviore
Liberia
Haiti

Other likes/hobbies:
Mopar
Dirtbikes
Philadelphia Eagles
GIJoe
History
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3
PoetFlint

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am

I live in NE Ohio and work doing tech support for the past 6 years. I am working on gong back to school in January to finish my degree in nursing.

I don't have any children and I am currently going through a divorce.

I am Christian, but haven't gone to church on a regular basis in many years.

Interests:
Reading
Movies
Video Games
Decorating
Toys
Health/Fitness
Photography
Writing

I came to this site because I am trying to work on my relationship with God and feel this a great group of people. It is nice to have a place I can talk about religion and have people who understand and are not ashamed to stand up for what they believe in.
JustAGrl

Postby Matthew on Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:22 pm

I am 27, been married to the most perfect woman for 2 years. We have 2 dogs, a rat terrier mix (Daisy) and a dachshund/chihuahua mix (Reesie). I live outside Knoxville, TN where I work as a technical illustrator/graphic designer/desktop publisher and hope to get into flash and 3D animation.

I love GI Joes, and do more customizing than collecting. I also love sports, both watching and playing. Mainly pro sports and mainly football since I'm addicted to fantasy football. Favorite teams are the LA Dodgers, Miami Dolphins, and Chicago Bulls.

I've been a Christian for almost 15 years, and go to a baptist church. My wife and I just joined this church a few months ago, and are trying to find where we fit in. We will probably join the choir.

Not sure what else to add :D
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Matthew wrote:I am 27, been married to the most perfect woman for 2 years.

For some reason I thought you and Chad were like 22. And that is a really sweet thing to say about your wife. :)
JustAGrl

Postby MacGyver on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:32 am

Good idea Grl! ;)

Status: Married for 9 years to my knight in shining armor (no our marriage isn't perfect and there's some tarnish on the armor, but I love him like crazy!)

overall christian view: Somewhere between charismatic and conservative...lol. We belong to a Christian and Missionary Alliance church.

Kids: 8 year old son

Work: I do home parties, selling kitchen tools.

Places I've been to:
San Diego CA
Chicago, IL
Toronto
Washington DC
and I've at least been through every state between New York and Georgia, and between Pennsylvania and Illinois.
I might have a chance to go to Vancouver next summer!

Likes/hobbies:
Writing
Painting
Drawing
Reading
Apologetics
History/Archeology
GI Joe
MacGyver
Indiana Jones
Christian rock music
Camping
Hiking
probly more...lol
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby RevSears on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:03 pm

age 23:
Been a christian since sophermore in highschool, had been in church all my life but i hadn't actually got saved. Right out of highschool got Called to preach and have been ever since Starting out baptist then now non-denominitional.
I live on a family farm. It's large but then their is the niegbors :) my family is great and i spend a lot of time helping out my mom as she battles Breast cancer.
my Wife left me a couple of months ago, never gave a reason.
I've had a very rough year and am unsure of the future for myself.
RevSears

Postby JustAGrl on Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:55 pm

RevSears wrote:
my Wife left me a couple of months ago, never gave a reason.
I've had a very rough year and am unsure of the future for myself.

That is really sad. :( Wow, you really have had a rough year. But, I am sure your Mom is very grateful to have you there for her.

Sometimes when bad things happen it is hard to understand why. I find myself questioning that a lot. But most of the time, later on down the road, when you look back you can understand why God gave us the challenges he did. One of my favorite quotes is, " The most beautiful stones have been tossed by the wind and washed by the waters and polished to brilliance by life's strongest storms." God is the true refiner and there is always lessons to learns from the trials in our lives. Keep the faith and know your friends here are praying and rooting for you! :D
JustAGrl

Postby camper on Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:01 am

Name: dan

overall christian view: Somewhere between Baptist & Methodist, belive in spiritual gifts and hold a dispensationalist point of view.

Kids: 3 year old son, 2 year old daughter, 2 week old son.

Work: IT

Other likes/hobbies: Writing, movies, & DVDs.

dan
camper

Postby andrwfields on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:40 pm

Name: Andy

I've been a Christian since I was about 15 but I didn't know what it meant to be a Christian. I actually got worse from that point for a while. But after I got into my first year at college. I got curious then and it turned into hunger by the next year. I was baptised in a baptist church and went to a methodist church for a year but now my wife and I are in a different baptist church. We've never been happier.

Christian views: I go to a baptist church and I've been to a methodist church, but I find myself to be more liberal than either of those denominations. I just choose not to let my liberal side show when I'm in church.

My beautiful wife and I have been married for 8 months now. She makes me happier than I've ever been, even when she was pregnant! Lol. I have an adorable 3 1/2 month old son named Madix. He's the gem in my eye.

Work: I work as a CSR for Medicare and as a Game Advisor at Gamestop.

I've been in almost every state east of the Mississippi river and a few states out in the midwest.

My hobbies include movies, reading, listening to music, playing games, and working on computers. I would trade any of those things for a good conversation with somebody though.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby JustAGrl on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:19 pm

andrwfields wrote:My beautiful wife and I have been married for 8 months now. She makes me happier than I've ever been, even when she was pregnant! Lol. I have an adorable 3 1/2 month old son named Madix. He's the gem in my eye.

That is awesome. Your son's name is sooooo cool! I want to have a kid just so I can name him that. :lol: It sounds like you have a great family and are very blessed! :D
JustAGrl

Return to Member Information