Gamecube games?

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Gamecube games?

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:19 pm

any suggestions for a good gamecube game?

i just finished up Zelda -OoT, and now im looking for something else.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby tigerguy786 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:38 pm

Well, there's Windwaker if you're a fan of the Zelda series and don't mind the more mild, "kiddie" flavor of a lot of it. THere IS a great game and story in it but there are also some things that older gamers will groan at. It is a wonderfully fun game, the massive Skull Hammer has to be one of the most fun things there is.

THe only other complaint (other than the graphics style) is the sheer size of the place, to go from one side to anohter, straight across takes the better part of an hour I'd bet, and filling in the map is time consuming but worth it if you care to find every single little secret there is (of which there are 100s, which makes the 2nd time through option so much nicer) Overall: 10

Metroid Prime and its sequel Echoes are both great games and among the must have for Gamecube owners.

I personally have only played the first of these two, I actually haven't beaten it yet either. It's a tough and long game as you'd expect from Metroid and there are lots of secrets to find. Overall: 9.0

Super Smash Brothers Melee is the biggest must have, a fighting game featuring Mario, Luigi, Link, Bowser, Pikachu and others? Oh yes, it is that much fun. (Bowser can finally beat on the Mario Brothers!) Overall: 9.0

The newest Starfox Game, Starfox Assault, is considerably different from the 64 version, its about a big of a step up from it as the 64 is to the SNES version. THere is a meatier story line, a lot less time in the Arwing (which I'm of a mixed opinion about, I love the Arwing but running around as Fox is also pretty fun). Overall I really like this game and had a lot of fun with it, the story has some parts that make you groan and are kind of corny. There are also parts that are rather predictable, Overall 8.75

If you're a fan of Mario games Mario Sunshine, Paper Mario and the THousand Year Door are both supposed to be excellent games, I wasn't a huge fan of Sunshine but I'm not the biggest Mario fan either. Paper Mario is supposed to be excellent (turn based RPG-ish) though I have never played it.

Animal Crossing is also supposed to be fun though it is a huge game, it never really struck me as the type of game I'd like so I never played it but there are people who enjoy it.

That is all I can really think of off the top of my head. I'll post more if I think of them.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send and who will go before us?"
Then said I, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
tigerguy786

Postby RevSears on Thu May 25, 2006 7:58 pm

x-men legends, and other games that are on many consules are great buys.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Thu May 25, 2006 9:47 pm

RevSears wrote:x-men legends, and other games that are on many consules are great buys.

ive got it and ive beat it :)

right now im playing the Zelda Collection, Zelda II to be exact.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:58 pm

zelda's are great games. Sense that last post i've also played and beat paper mario me and the wife took turns at the controls and beat it together and it was really fun and enjoyable.
RevSears

Return to Gaming