Oldie, but a goodie...

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Oldie, but a goodie...

Postby destros_elite on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:52 pm

That's right. I'm talking about the originial NES (Nintendo Entertainment System) :D . I still have one and still prefer it above ANY and ALL other systems there are/will be. When you play it, you know you are playing a game. Moves do not require growing two extra digits on each hand to carry out because there is only a directional key and an "A" Button and a "B" Button. There is no worry about your games getting scratched up and failing to perform. Heck, you can even clean the connections with a Q-Tip to make sure they play right (of course you can always do the famous blow into the end of the cartridge... :D ).
Some people say "But with the Wii you can be active!". First of all, if you are depending upon playing a video game to get exercise it may be time re-prioritize your life! Secondly, does anyone remember the Nintendo Power Pad? It was that mat you laid on the floor that had huge buttons on it. I believe it came with an olympic game or something. You could run in place on the thing to race on the screen! I don't see the Wii raising one's pulse rate to the extent that did.
So now that you hopefully have brought back those treasured NES memories from years past, share some of them here!
We didn't have a lot of money growing up, so I had to play my friends. I didn't get my own NES until Super NES came out and to get that I had to trade some G.I. Joe and Transformers toys. But I remember playing Bionic Commando at my friends house and his folks having to cut the power off in that room in order to get us to stop playing and go to bed!
My favorite games are/were:
-Metroid (of course with the JUSTIN BAILEY code :) )
-Legend of Zelda
-Iron Sword
-Super Techmo Bowl (Two words...WALTER PAYTON!)

Towards the end of the NES run, I bought their newest game, "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Edition". It was like Mortal Combat except with the TMNT characters (and minus the gore).

So...what's your NES story? :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Oldie, but a goodie...

Postby Matthew on Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:38 am

I, too, love the original NES. I've been playing them on my GBA for a while now, and am considering downloading a few to my Wii. Here are some of my favs.

Zelda (first one)
Punch Out
Tetris
Pro Wrestling
GI Joe
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Oldie, but a goodie...

Postby destros_elite on Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:47 pm

Punch Out! Forgot about that one! Soda Popinski! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Gaming