Age of Empires

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Age of Empires

Postby camper on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:35 pm

Anyone else into this series?

I know III is out, and I haven't gotten it yet. But I'm a huge fan of this series, even though Age of Mythology: Titans was a let down mainly because once you get a Titan, you become unbeatable - or unable to win if the oposite is true.

Anywya, anyone have 3? I got a demo, and love it. Is there a significant improvement on the 2nd or even the Mythology series?

dan
camper

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:37 pm

never played these games, though im limited to certain video games and not too many of those right now.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Tim Elf on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:13 am

I played II a lot, but then switched to Rise of Nations, which is better, IMHO.

Sadly, I haven't had any time for computer games in... uh... about three or four months.

Gah.
Serve the King. Live by His Code. Fight for His Cause.

http://www.menofvalor.cc
http://www.christianfictionreview.com
Tim Elf

Re: Age of Empires

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:46 am

camper wrote:Anyone else into this series?

I know III is out, and I haven't gotten it yet. But I'm a huge fan of this series, even though Age of Mythology: Titans was a let down mainly because once you get a Titan, you become unbeatable - or unable to win if the oposite is true.

Anywya, anyone have 3? I got a demo, and love it. Is there a significant improvement on the 2nd or even the Mythology series?

dan

You should look into the Board Game versions of these games by Eagle Games. These are "big board" games where the playing field is 4'-"0 x 3'-0" and come sin 3 sections. Age of Mythology is out now and Age of Empires III will be released this summer.

Age of Mythology: http://www.eaglegames.net/products/AOM/aom.shtml
Age of Empires (Main Eagle Page): http://www.eaglegames.net/index.shtml
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby camper on Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:57 pm

G.I. Bri wrote:You should look into the Board Game versions of these games by Eagle Games. These are "big board" games where the playing field is 4'-"0 x 3'-0" and come sin 3 sections. Age of Mythology is out now and Age of Empires III will be released this summer.

I heard the board games were great...very well done. But with two small kids, board games with pieces are NOT a good idea :)

Besides, I like the freedom of computer games due to a haphazard schedule with free time to play games of any kind. Not much of it, so setting up a board game takes up valuable playing time. booting the computer game can happen while I'm getting something to drink ;)

dan
camper

Postby ColtsFan76 on Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:46 pm

camper wrote: booting the computer game can happen while I'm getting something to drink ;)

dan

true dat. i thought i would feel the same way, but having most of my joe outlets removed by hasbro, i have been on a board game binge lately. something thereapuetic about setting up the game and playing old school. of course, i don't have kids but the dog finds spare parts tasty.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Return to Gaming