Metroid: GBA

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Metroid: GBA

Postby Skyfire on Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:19 am

A few months ago, I picked up the original Metroid as re-released for the Game Boy Advance.

Earlier tonight, I learned that there were at least three cheat codes that went with the original NES release. Turns out that all three cheat codes work with the GBA version.

The codes:

JUSTIN BAILEY
------ ------

:arrow: This code starts you off in the second area. Samus is wearing a reddish - purple leotard instead of her armor, although she has her weapons arm. She has the wave beam, the high jump boots, the screw attack, the ability to turn into a ball, and the bomb. She might have unlimited missiles.

NARPAS SWORD0
000000 000000

:arrow: Samus starts off at the beginning in full armor. She has the ice beam, the screw attack, the ability to turn into a ball, the bomb, and the high jump. Both health and missiles are unlimited.

000000 000020
000000 000020

:arrow: Samus starts off at the beginning in her leotard. This offers no other benefits, and in fact may make Samus more vulnerable to damage.
Skyfire

Postby Matthew on Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:48 am

cool. my Gameboy library is small right now (except for the old black and white games), so i may have to pick this one up. Never got into metroid as a kid so now would be a good time to do so.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Skyfire on Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:44 pm

Matthew wrote:cool. my Gameboy library is small right now (except for the old black and white games), so i may have to pick this one up. Never got into metroid as a kid so now would be a good time to do so.

I've found the NARPAS code to be the most useful, simply because there's a few areas where you need the ice beam to solve certain puzzles.

All I need to do now is get a strategy guide as to what bosses are where and I'll be in business.

BTW - the NES Metroid had it that the time it took you to complete the game would affect what Samus was wearing when she revealed her gender. If you finished it in less than an hour then she would be wearing a bathing suit. I'm guessing that if the codes were retained then so were the endings.
Skyfire

Return to Gaming