Memoir '44: Pacific Theatre

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Memoir '44: Pacific Theatre

Postby ColtsFan76 on Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:28 pm

For those interested, Days of Wonder, annouced the release of their 4th expansion for Memoir '44: Pacific Theatre!

http://www.memoir44.com/index.php?t=content&sub=pacific&rid=212090&S=d1974a68d0073f006a6123f3688b5bae

I've mentioned this game before. It is a fast fun game with little green army men (and tanks and artillery) to push around. Much like Axis and Allies but a much faster, tactical battle instead of the long strategy game. The mechanics are simple but the games are pretty intricate. Plus, I just discovered an on-line version of the game if anyone is up to playing sometime.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Re: Memoir '44: Pacific Theatre

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:15 pm

G.I. Bri wrote:Plus, I just discovered an on-line version of the game if anyone is up to playing sometime.

sounds like it could be fun. how is the multiplayer function? itdb cool to have several of us playing.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:11 am

Memoir 44 is best as a two player game. Each general commands his side of the battlefield which is divided in three areas - right flank, center, and left flank. Cards tell you which units to move in which areas and dice resolve battle.

For multi-player games, two boards are put side be side (to make really loooong boards - a regular board is just around 2' x 3' so this new baord is like 2' x 6'). Each side can have up to 4 players. One is the commander-in-chief who can pass cards to his 3 generals who each control one area (which is now double in size).

How this translates into a multi-player online game? I have no idea! I imagine it would be very hard! But let me look into it!
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Return to Gaming