Anyone getting a PS3?

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Anyone getting a PS3: Yes or No?

Yes
12%
No
75%
Maybe
12%

Total votes : 8

Anyone getting a PS3?

Postby sirbradock on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:43 pm

And to answer my own question, I'd like to but probably not until a dramatic price drop. (Unless I somehow manage to win a huge amount of money between now and then.)
sirbradock

Postby Matthew on Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:14 pm

I won't be mainly because I don't play alot of games, so dropping that much cash on something I wouldn't play much would be a waste.

I am, however, very excited about the Nintendo Wii
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:09 pm

Too expensive. Very unoriginal ideas.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby andrwfields on Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:08 pm

I like the PS3 a little bit more now. But I have one major beef with the new 40gb version they just came out with: no backwards compatability!

Granted, you're still getting a PS3 and a Blu-Ray player, but what about your old PS2 games?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:48 pm

If I get anything, it'll definately be a Wii, mainly because of price.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby JustAGrl on Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:33 pm

I have little or no interest in getting a PS3. There are no games out that I am dying to play or would motivate me to spend the money to get one. I have a Wii and I love it. I also like the Xbox 360 quite a bit. But if I had to choose I would definately say to go for the Wii because of the cost of the system and the many games out for it that I really like. My Dad is 74 and we had him playing the Wii and he had a blast. It was so cute to watch him play. :lol:
JustAGrl

Postby camper on Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:24 pm

I'd love to get one, and in fact when I sell off my Joes I'm considering buying one. Though, I'm also looking at the X-Box and VERY closely at the Wii.

If I find a PS3 at Christmas for around $150 I'm definitely getting it. Other than that, I'm just going to wait.

I keep reminding myself that all of this stuff is only getting better and cheaper, if you can hold off until after the initial release.

dan
camper

Re:

Postby Zanyboy on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:39 pm

Matthew wrote:I won't be mainly because I don't play alot of games, so dropping that much cash on something I wouldn't play much would be a waste.

I am, however, very excited about the Nintendo Wii

I don't play a lot of games either, but love my PS3. We got rid of our old DVD player and the PS3 plays Blu-rays as well.
Zanyboy

Re: Anyone getting a PS3?

Postby camper on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:20 pm

LOL...time changes lots. Got a PS3 and 2 360's. I was right...they got a LOT cheaper :mrgreen:

camper
camper

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:11 am

Two 360s? Any reason to need two?

I have a Wii now. I don't have time to play the games I have, so to me, it was a good investment :D

I bought Animal Crossing and my wife is addicted. I bought Zelda: Twilight Princess 3 months back and still haven't gotten to play it :D. I will be playing GI Joe though. I've been playing the old NES version to get pumped for this one.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby camper on Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:53 am

Matthew wrote:Two 360s? Any reason to need two?

Trying to single handedly save our consumer driven society ;)

Seriously...one for the living room, one for the bedroom. My wife and I both like to play (at the time, she doesn't play much anymore), and I have games the kids cannot see (fallout 3, left 4 dead, etc). That, and I have a TV tuner card in my PC and use them as media center extenders (DVR) and for netflix instant viewing.

Used to have 3, but rarely used the 3rd and I intended to use it cable box replacement in the kids room and wound up selling it instead.

They were bought used, and while ebay sniping of course :)

camper
camper

Postby Darko on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:41 pm

I've thought about it (I love the God of War games, and they're a sony exclusive) but the price and the lack of backwards compatibility on the new ones really kills it for me (I have a PS2, and was hoping to be able to bring my old games over). I just watched the new Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 trailer, though, so a 360 may be in my future.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby RevSears on Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:59 pm

It's the backwards compatibility and the fact all my friends have 360's that did it for me. I like my wii, i kinda got disappointed with it overtime but looks like some more new good games are on the way after a long dry spell.

I was stunned when i find out the new ones did play ps1 and ps2s that is a practice, I can in no way support! I know xbox 360 doesn't play all the original x-box games but it plays most of the best ones!
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Return to Gaming