Christian Editions of Classic Games

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Christian Editions of Classic Games

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:06 pm

Just picked up the official Bible version of Outburst and Guesstures. Apparently, Cactus games (a producer of Christian games) got the rights from Hasbro to produce these games. Scategories is another one they got the rights to. Anyone else know of any secular games that now have Christian versions?
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby Darko on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:22 pm

There's been a Bibleopoly for awhile now, I think.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:30 pm

hmm... interesting. id never thought of that.

my old roommate and i did discuss how awesome it would be to play a Biblical video game, be able to play different times in the Bible (but not as main characters, almost as if you were there).

i think it would be a great way to learn. could you imagine helping find materials for the ark of the covenant. maybe thats just me :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Darko on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:52 pm

Unfortunately, there's never been (to my knowledge) a decent overtly Christian video game. There was, however, a very good user made campaign for the first Age of Empires game about the life of David.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:48 am

Looks like the Cactus Game Design has a few Biblical video games. Not sure how much fun they would be. Looks like it is more "Christian approved" stuff than actual Biblical events.

Here is the website: http://www.cactusgamedesign.com/index.php
Last edited by ColtsFan76 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby ColtsFan76 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:00 am

Found this GeekList at BoardGameGeek.com:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/7513

List of all Christian themed games.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Return to Gaming