Christian site for gamers

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Christian site for gamers

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:38 am

As most of you know, I spend more time playing board games than collect Joes now that Hasbro shut down everything I was into. I spend a lot of time over on BoardGameGeek.com looking up games and such.

Recently, they created this thing called microbadges to allow you to "purchase" little icons of things you like. (You collect points by submitting game photos, reviews, etc. and then you can spend the points to get avatars, badges, etc). Anyway, someone recently designed a Cross to represent the Christians on board. Those of us who had the points have slowly been buying and displaying our microbadges.

I was approached tonite by one of the other members on that baord aboiut forming our own sub-member Christian group. They want us to band together and help encourage one another; hold each other accountable in our posted remarks, and possibly start up prayer and study groups. Sounds like Army4One but substituting Joes for games!

Anyway, I am not sure if it is appropriate for them to join here (though I invited the organizer and he has stopped by). But I do ask for your prayers in that they can get something up and running. Maybe if you all can give them some help on setting up a forum like this also. It is a great opportunity and I will continue to cross-promote these Christian sites so we can reach as many unsaved as possible.

Recently, with the posting of the religious symbols as microbadges, there has been a bit of a backlash. Everyone has scrambled to make an atheist symbol but there seems so much confusion as to what symbol best represents them. It has been comical as the Christians just naturally selected the cross but the atheists are all over the map on this one. But the sad fact is that so many seem to be discussing it. So we need your prayers that we can band together and stand up and be heard.

Thanks guys!
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:22 pm

brian, i would love for them to gather here.

though the original intent was to unite joe fans, i really feel that this place should be a place for much more. please encourage them to come here. i think too often Christianity and hobbies are seperated, and i want this place to be the bridge.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:05 pm

Just as an update, they established their own site. They felt it was best since they had some very specific issues based off another site they were all membeers of. Anyway, if anyone is interested, their site is:

http://www.freepowerboards.com/christianbggers/

(Christian BGGers - is what it means - not "beggars" BGG= BoardGameGeek.com)
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Return to Gaming