Left Behind: Eternal Forces

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Left Behind: Eternal Forces

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:51 am

http://www.leftbehindgames.com/

I have heard a little about this game from commercials and such, but I have also head some negative things as well, especially from different churches and such.

Anyone heard of it? Anyone played it? It sounds kind of neat, but some question its message.

Anyone?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:20 am

I've heard about it, but haven't played. Kinda interested in it though.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Darko on Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:12 am

It looks interesting. I REALLY didn't care for the books (or their...questionable at best versions of theology), but it's an interesting idea for a game. Still, it worries me that they skirt a whole lot of questions on their "about the game" page, especially this one:

Are guns used by Christians against non-Christians? Why or why not?
The storyline in the game begins just after the Rapture has occurred – when all adult Christians, all infants, and many children were instantly swept home to Heaven and off the Earth by God. The remaining population – those who were left behind – are then poised to make a decision at some point. They cannot remain neutral. Their choice is to either join the AntiChrist – which is an imposturous one world government seeking peace for all of mankind, or they may join the Tribulation Force – which seeks to expose the truth and defend themselves against the forces of the AntiChrist.

....read that a few times. Does it in ANY way answer the question asked?
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby camper on Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:16 pm

Personally I think this game is just a bad idea, and I'm one who agrees with much of the theology behind it (after doing my own research and study into it).

dan
camper

Postby RevSears on Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:57 pm

i think it's hard to make blatantly christian games i would love to see someone take the approach c.s. lewis did with narnia, written by a christian , with Christian references, but not neccassiarly under the Christian label.
RevSears

Return to Gaming