Zelda - Ocarina of Time

What games are you playing? This can be anywhere from card to video games. And for the online gamers, you might find some company as well.

Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:02 pm

this is my current game. i got it when i bought Wind Waker but never played it. very cool game.

any thoughts?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby tigerguy786 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:37 pm

That has to be one of my all time favorite games. How far along are ya?

It is soooo much fun, especially if you do it without a shield...tee hee...

Oh and the Biggoron sword is wonderous
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send and who will go before us?"
Then said I, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
tigerguy786

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:44 pm

tigerguy786 wrote:That has to be one of my all time favorite games. How far along are ya?

It is soooo much fun, especially if you do it without a shield...tee hee...

Oh and the Biggoron sword is wonderous

im at Ganon's castle, but ive missed some things so im having to go back some. good thing for the internet, ive found what im lacking.
chad_ghost

"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby tigerguy786 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:43 pm

what didja miss?

And I would highly suggest getting the biggoron's sword before the fight, it'll come in handy later.
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send and who will go before us?"
tigerguy786

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:55 pm

tigerguy786 wrote:what didja miss?

And I would highly suggest getting the biggoron's sword before the fight, it'll come in handy later.

the scarecrow, which helps a bunch, and then the ice and fire arrows.

and ive got to do some trading now that i know how to get the biggoron's sword.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby tigerguy786 on Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:43 am

i thought the scarecrow was recquired to beat the game, i can think of one instance in the spirit temple where you need him, although it may only be to get a golden skulltula. Speaking of which how many did you get? I never really bothered to get more than 50 or so, the unlimited money you get for 100 is nice but i never thought it worth it because i never seemed to be at too much of a loss on cash in that game.

The ice arrows are fun to ger but they don't have a whole lot of use except that they're dang kool.

The fire arrows, I could've sworn they were necessary for something as well...

The Biggoron sword trading quest is a lot of fun, difficult the first couple of times you do it, oh btw, did you plant all the magic beans as a kid? if not I would HIGHLY suggest you at least plant the one outside of Dodongo's Cavern for the sake of the trading quest since it helps a ton and you're really strapped for time if you've never done it before (i was able to do it with almost a minute left after two or three times, but the first time i did i literally just barely made it. just as the timer was about to reach zero, Biggoron sat up and I talked to him.)

Which temple did you think was the hardest, easiest and most fun?

The toughest one, only because it is SOOOOOOOO complicated was the water temple, even after I'd done it several times it was still tough and took me the longest.
Easiest...I don't remember the Fire Temple being all that hard, or the Forest temple...
MOst fun, hmmmmm, the Fire Temple boss fight was great fun simple because the boss was so impressive. Dodongo's cavern wasn't bad. I can't remember which one i liked the most. Wait yes I can, I loved Ganon's tower because I love fighting Iron Knuckles (the huge knights from the Spirit Temple)

If you're interested in playing through again it is possible to do the temples in an alternate order and to play through about 90% of the game w/o a shield.

And also you can get a free Hylian shield as a kid rather than pay for it, too. Although that's probably something you found easy enough online.
tigerguy786

Postby chad_ghost on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:18 pm

i dont believe the scarecrow was needed, but it did help on some things after i found it.

the fire arrows are needed really only in one place, to burn the ceiling in the castle to let light through.

as for most difficult level, im not sure. the water cavern was hard, but inside jaba's belly was the strangest by far.

i didnt go online until i got to Gandon's castle, so i played without help until then. thats were i found out the trading sequence, some of the bean spots, and how to get the arrows.

the trading sequence wasnt too hard and i didnt have any trouble making the times.

and the first time i fought gannondorf, i didnt have enough magic, but the second time i whipped him pretty easily.

i do have the master quest if i want to play it, but i think now i might try to find another game to play.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby tigerguy786 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:58 pm

Master Quest is about 20 steps above the original. Anybody could play and beat OOC, but it takes a real smart person or a hardcore gamer to beat MQ...I've tried master quest and barely made it to the forest temple...

The temples are SO much harder... everything else however is the same.
tigerguy786

Postby RevSears on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:02 pm

I played to the water temple and quit. I hated link as a kid and this game also seem to confirm the multiple links idea and i loathed it. Orginaly the link to the past was followed by the two nes games and even the gameboy awakening game could be thrown at one the end but this really started over. I also didn't like a kid link. I'll probably give it a try again though as i love twilight princess.
RevSears

Return to Gaming