Televison show?

Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel/DC figures, and more; no matter if you are a huge fan or just have a general interest, post here.

Televison show?

Postby andrwfields on Fri May 05, 2006 9:58 pm

For all of you hard-core SW addicts out there:

Is there any update on the TV show that was announced at the last Celebration?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Mon May 08, 2006 8:12 am

haven't heard anything in a while :/
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Mon May 08, 2006 2:28 pm

me neither :(
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby CreepingDeath on Fri May 12, 2006 12:27 am

Well, we have to know that the Star Wars license will not stay dormant. I'm sure that it (TV) will come about, unless there are plans for more big screen activity soon.
CreepingDeath

Postby chad_ghost on Fri May 12, 2006 9:25 am

here is the last info that i have seen:

http://www.smelcer.net/board/viewtopic.php?p=2578#2578

The series will be set between episodes three and four of the film saga.

It would cover the 20 years in the life of Luke Skywalker growing up that remains a mystery to most film-goers.

and it is not exciting at all.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby andrwfields on Fri May 12, 2006 5:21 pm

See, I had been told it was supposed to be mostly based around Boba Fett. Of course, there would have to be cameos and the such from other characters along the way.

But the friend I had that went to Celebration told me they reported a TV series with somewhere around 100 episodes being launched.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Jedi Master Shadow on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:45 am

I think the gap between Episodes Three and Four is a logical one to base a TV show on. It hasn't been mined much in the Expanded Universe books or comics, possibly because Lucas is keeping that open. While I don't mind the setting, I REALLY hope that it is not ABOUT Luke. Just because it looks at what happened in the 20 years he is growing up doesn't mean it has to center on either Tatooine or Luke Skywalker. I would think with a TV show's budget constraints, that big space battles or Jedi fights would be out of the question, at least to the level of the movies. I would love to see a more TV-appropriate look at Rebel soldiers advancing the Rebellion - if you've seen the TV show The Unit, I picture it like that, except with Star Wars outfits and vehicles! That way, your space battles and Jedi fights would be kept to a minimum, probably around sweeps months and season finales, and you mainly focus on a small group of soldiers fighting the Empire. But we'll see - either way, I'm SOOO on board. :D
Ephesians 6:11 - "Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil."

Jedi Master Shadow

Return to Other Figures