Transformers Movie

Star Wars, Transformers, Marvel/DC figures, and more; no matter if you are a huge fan or just have a general interest, post here.

Transformers Movie

Postby Matthew on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:01 pm

for those who have seen it, what did you think.

I liked it. Could have been better, but could have been much worse. The animation was amazing and I really liked Sam in this movie.

Only down side is that I want to take my 10-year-old brother-in-law, and I don't think he's old enough for some of the sexual stuff. It may be over his head, but I don't want to come out of the moving explaining to him what masturbation is or having to explain to his mom why he knows what it is.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby MacGyver on Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:47 am

I've been in and out for a while, but hopefully I'm back for a while! I just got back from FL from a conference with our church's teens and it was amazing...I'll post more about that later on. Anyway, day after I got back, hubby took me to see Transformers!

I was astounded by the visual...stuff. And at times kinda thought it was overwhelming. Most of the time I was like 8O but there were also times I was like :? .

I walked away feeling very much like what a friend from another board said here:
"the movie not only seems to be spliced together (at times out of sequence) from several different takes, but also from several different genres...a viewer is assailed with chunks of movies from (the worst parts of) several different genres. There was the high-school flick, the "male insecurity compensator" action movie, elements for the low-brow sci-fi/horror genre, and that staple of summer, the trash comedy."

Overall I thought it was a good movie and worth seeing on the big screen, but I'm not sure that all those parts like mentioned above mesh together into a good cohesive whole. Some of the scenes just seemed totally random and there were a ton of loose ends left. And there were scenes where characters were in one place and then seconds later they were suddenly elsewhere. Like many have already said, I think the Autobots were characterized very well, while that was a failure with the Decepticons. For the most part I felt the characterization that was there held up really well next to what I remember of the cartoons. Acting? Meh, I think it could have been better. That Sector 7 guy...cannot remember his name...I thought that was just played all wrong, but that's just me. Mikaela...I wasn't impressed with her at all. I dunno...I just think the acting, outside of the military guys, mostly fell flat.

Coolest thing about the movie...they used OPs original voice. That rocked. Most disappointing thing...that I won't be letting my kiddo see it in the near future. There's just too much mature content (I don't necessarily mean the violence) for a 7 YO. If they do end up doing a live action Joe movie...I don't hold out much hope for it's kid-friendliness. A less serious but still disappointing thing was that you could only clearly hear the cool transform sound once in the whole movie...unless I just missed it...
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Return to Other Figures