Reign of the Serpent: Army4One customs....want one?

All customs, whether it's Joes, Starwars, Marvel Legends, or Trading Cards, everything is welcome.

Also feel free to share customizing tips, asks questions, or share ideas.

Reign of the Serpent: Army4One customs....want one?

Postby Darko on Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:35 pm

So, some of you probably know about my Reign of the Serpent mega-project. If not, or if you need a refresher, here's the backstory and all of the customs thus far:

http://goodtogocustoms.com/forum/index.php?topic=3585.0

Now, I wanted to do an Army4One subset of this story, that would really be exclusive to this board (as most other customizing boards have a 'no religious discussion' clause in their rules).

The basic outline would be that Serpentor, having conquered the United States, has outlawed all religion and forced people to worship him (much as the Caesars did...and since Serpentor has Julius' DNA, I figured this would be fitting). As such, Christians are being persecuted, imprisoned, and killed for worshiping God. Enter Army for One, a multi-denominational insurgent group dedicated to defending the underground Christian movement and liberating those imprisoned for worshiping God.

I want to do a group of seven customs for this group, and I'd like as many of them as possible to be based on actual members of the board. When the customs are done, I will post them here and then send them to the people they are based off of.

I need six volunteers. To participate, all you have to do is give me a rough bio of your character (which should be based largely on you, but set in this universe...or, if you have an existing character, like Ghost and Mayor, that'll do, too), and maybe a few suggestions of what you'd like the custom to look like (or, if you want it to be based on your personal appearance, a photograph would be a great help).

I'll take the first six people to post here with the information requested. Once the customs are done, I'll PM you for your addresses.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby PoetFlint on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:38 pm

Very cool idea !!
Hopefully I get all my info toghether before 6 other people do!
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3
PoetFlint

Postby PoetFlint on Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:59 pm

Toploader
File Name: Wagner, Jeremy M.
Primary Military Specialty: Mechanized Recon
Secondary Military Specialty: Chaplains Assistant
Place of Birth: Montrose, Pennsylvania
Toploader uses his extensive "shade-tree mechanic" knowledge to help in the rebellion against Serpentor. Armed with a wrench and the gifts of the Spirit he "fears no evil" for his Colt .45 and Bowie knife comfort him. Whether driving fast and praying hard, or praying hard and driving fast Toploader is truley a warrior of the Son!
Graduated Advanced Infantry Training, Covert Ops School, Executive Body Guard School, Ranger School, and attended Special Air Service Tactical Driving School under the NATO exchange program. Qualified Expert: AK-47,HS-10, M-16, M-1911A1, M-590, MGL-MK1, Remmington Sniper Rifle, Saiga 12K, XM-26 LSS
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3
PoetFlint

Postby MacGyver on Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:04 am

Wow, that is such a cool story line! Man, now I'm seeing a reason to maybe need Serpentor in my Joeverse... An interesting parallel, considering Satan first showed up to people as a serpent.

Maybe I'll get my act together and do a bio. ;)
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby Matthew on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:28 pm

Chad and I are actually planning Ghost and Mayor army4one customs. I don't see any reason you couldn't do them as well :D

Neat idea with Serpentor. When Sapper was writing his movie script, he brought Serpentor into the 3rd movie, and Serpentor claimed to be the anti-Christ. Really cool to see 2 different people going similar routes.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby lobo on Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:28 pm

lobo
File Name: Nutter, Ed
Primary Military Specialty: Dog Handler
Secondary Military Specialty: Security
Place of Birth: Clarksburg, WV

- good at fixing things (weapons, automotive)
- dogs like me
- many cats do
- can write a decent sermon

Graduated Advanced Infantry Training, Executive Body Guard School, Ranger School, Physical and Electronic Security, small arms armorer.

Qualified Expert: AK-47, M-16, M-1911A1, M-203, M-249, Remington Sniper Rifle, Remington 870,

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... =509359583
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby MacGyver on Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:45 am

Man, I am so loving this idea! It just won't leave me alone. And since I'm sick and, therefore, can't sleep (yeah, being sick for me is exhausting), I've kind of come up with a character based on me. Hope she works!

Codename: Ranger
File Name: Amy Pensyl
Birthplace: New Brighton, PA
Primary Specialty: Infiltration
Secondary Specialty: Communication

Ranger trained herself with a bow and arrows in her spare time as a college student, insisting on never using sites. Her gear of choice includes a pocket-sized Bible, Swiss Army Knife and a surprisingly low-tech re-curve, given to her by her grandfather. The simplicity of her bow is offset by her collection of highly engineered arrows, each perfectly balanced and armed with everything from gases to pyrotechnics for confusing, disabling and, when necessary, killing the enemy. She can line up a target and release with precision in seconds, crediting the Holy Spirit as her sites. She can move and wait with silence and patience that often gets her closer than necessary for her range. Ranger also has an uncanny knack for finding and enabling underground Christians in the uprising against Serpentor. Many of her missions include installing spies from these underground cells into Serpentor’s ranks to locate and establish communication with imprisoned Christians, facilitating their rescue.

(I don't have any helpful pictures of me, but I've got long medium/dark brown hair, a little reddish and usually worn down or sticking out all over in a haphazard ponytail/bun thing. I have blue eyes if that matters. I prefer to dress in shades of brown and green or blue and prefer to blend into the background, not drawing attention to myself (who would have thought, right? lol)

MacGyver

Postby MacGyver on Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:51 am

Man, I just read your GTG link right before I posted my bio, and I gotta say, that is a great storyline. I'm loving how this is developing alongside. ;)

It's pretty cool because I could easily see the Christian character, Lazarus, kiddo and I are working on being on a team like this. Awesome.

MacGyver

Postby chad_ghost on Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:09 pm

You know I'm in.

Ghost... do you need more info?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Raider on Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:42 am

Looks like you've got your six so here's mine already done:
Raider

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:02 pm

Code Name: The Pyromaniac
Nightcrawler Squad Leader

File Name: Scott Moore

A man who can rarely be characterized by any word other than "caffeinated", the Pyromaniac leads a ragtag band of vigilantes, bounty hunters, mercs, and all-around odd characters in transcontinental guerilla warfare against Cobra, occasionally loaning out their services to GI Joe in a manner similar to that of Cobra's use of the Dreadnoks. Like many of his brethren in arms, Pyro is equally comfortable with open flame and medieval weapons as he is with high-tech electronic equipment and well-versed in at least three foreign languages.

"This guy is odd in a way you've never seen before. He's addicted to heavy metal, has a bizarre sense of humor, operates on a wavelength known only to NoRmus, and can't function without 3 Jolt colas in his system."

edit: I don't have a pic at the moment.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Customs & Dios