look to start out with customs

All customs, whether it's Joes, Starwars, Marvel Legends, or Trading Cards, everything is welcome.

Also feel free to share customizing tips, asks questions, or share ideas.

look to start out with customs

Postby Alucard on Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:00 am

I was thinking about picking up the brush and making some custom joes... I was wondering:

1) can one use "corps" to mess around with and paint to get used to the whole process? I was thinking with start with something thats a bit generic like maybe a cobra trooper or something, is it possible?

2) does anyone do corps into joe customs (using just corps parts) around here? or anywhere I can see a few examples?

thanks!
Alucard

Re: look to start out with customs

Postby Matthew on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey man. Starting out with CORPs! parts would be great. Are you planning on using the new style, or the old O-ring style?

The old style are very similar to Joes. The new one's are more similar to the T-Crotch Joes from 2002. I've never tried painting those figures. I have seen the new CORPs! style figures used a little, but mainly just the heads.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Alucard on Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:35 pm

Matthew wrote:Hey man. Starting out with CORPs! parts would be great. Are you planning on using the new style, or the old O-ring style?

The old style are very similar to Joes. The new one's are more similar to the T-Crotch Joes from 2002. I've never tried painting those figures. I have seen the new CORPs! style figures used a little, but mainly just the heads.

Well, I am not sure, I was at K-Mart the other day and I saw they sell them dirt cheap, which I gather is the not the O ring ones and the newer ones huh?

Well I was kind of thinking of taking them and redesigning them into a newer look for Cobra for my game I am running.. But anyhow, I guess the new ones that you can buy for dirt cheap are the T-crotch ones then.

Can you direct me to a site that sells the o rings so I can compare and maybe buy?
Alucard

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Alucard wrote:Well, I am not sure, I was at K-Mart the other day and I saw they sell them dirt cheap, which I gather is the not the O ring ones and the newer ones huh?

Well I was kind of thinking of taking them and redesigning them into a newer look for Cobra for my game I am running.. But anyhow, I guess the new ones that you can buy for dirt cheap are the T-crotch ones then.

Can you direct me to a site that sells the o rings so I can compare and maybe buy?

CORPS! have rereleased some of the old figures in a 8 or 10 pack (can't remember). Those have the o-ring. If they are 2-packed, then they are probably not o-ringed. If you look at the waist, you should be able to tell the difference.

Here is the site that I buy my o-rings from:
http://smalljoes.com/cgi-bin/pgen.cgi?S ... 6&Start=12

They also have some CORPS! on here. The new style is shown here:
http://smalljoes.com/cgi-bin/pgen.cgi?S ... 3&Start=12

while there are some o-ringed examples on the previous page.

Hope this helps!!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Alucard on Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:34 pm

cool thanks for the links man. helps out quite a bit!
Alucard

Return to Customs & Dios