Lazarus: Mac's custom character (Figure appearing soon)

All customs, whether it's Joes, Starwars, Marvel Legends, or Trading Cards, everything is welcome.

Also feel free to share customizing tips, asks questions, or share ideas.

Lazarus: Mac's custom character (Figure appearing soon)

Postby MacGyver on Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:51 am

I think it's a thread here somewhere about Joes and spirituality that i thought was really interesting, and I think the question was posed about why there isn't much Christian-based spirituality in the cartoons. Anyway, that got me thinking about my Joeverse and it's spirituality. So...

My son (I call him Bud...wonder where I got that from? lol) and I were playing with our Sigmas the other day and decided we needed a character who loved Jesus. I love it that Bud thinks of these things...he’s only 7 and he humbles me! :) He doesn’t know this yet, but I have a Sigma Firefly, that I immediately thought would be perfect to custom for it (since I love the figure, but hate that he's not Cobra) with some paint and switched gear. So we decided this guy was really bad, in fact he was a former Cobra Viper known as “Reaper,â€
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Postby Matthew on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:50 pm

i like. very nice backstory and can't wait to see the custom
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Rockpop on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:29 pm

Good story. I especially like the name(s). I'd like to see the custom too.

How about: the battle came to an end outside of a church, Reaper made his way in and collapsed. As he passed out, the last thing he saw was a statue of Jesus reaching out for him.

Maybe: There were several Vipers with him. They followed his course, became Joes, and created the Crusaders unit.

Just suggestions. I like your story as it is though.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby MacGyver on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:20 pm

Solo wrote:Good story. I especially like the name(s). I'd like to see the custom too.

How about: the battle came to an end outside of a church, Reaper made his way in and collapsed. As he passed out, the last thing he saw was a statue of Jesus reaching out for him.

Maybe: There were several Vipers with him. They followed his course, became Joes, and created the Crusaders unit.

Just suggestions. I like your story as it is though.

Thanks for the feedback guys! hehe...these are just the "file cards." I've got 7 or 8 more pages of backstory written besides this! :) The thing's kind of taken on a life of it's own...case in point...I'm not Beachhead's biggest fan (good character, but not a favorite) and somehow there's even a backstory behind the backstory (yeah, follow that logic) that involves bad blood between Beach and Reaper, and I hadn't even counted on that happening. All in all I'm excited about the rich possibilities, though I'm not sure how far I'll take the thing once I've got the basic backstory done.

Anyway, I did figure out yesterday how he does encounter the Lord, and I think it's cool, but that's probably up for debate. I've been reading a lot of Ted Dekker lately and so that was an inspiration. Solo, I do like your Viper/Crusaders idea...that might give me future story fodder! :)

The custom may show up sooner than I thought...just got paint today and I've got to experiment with some mixing first cuz it's not just right. And I'm waiting on some gear to arrive...Maybe next week I can post it up!
His mind is the ultimate weapon...

Knowing is half the battle!

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eternity.
MacGyver

Return to Customs & Dios