What are you reading?

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

What are you reading?

Postby Zanyboy on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:25 am

..and by that, of course, I mean comics.

For the time being I've been bugeting my comic purchases to around $20 a month so I've had to cut a number of titles I've been following. So this is what I'm reading right now.

Image Comics

Savage Dragon - I haven't missed an issue since the first book was published over ten years ago.

DC Comics

Green Lantern Corps. - Guy Gardner is my favorite DC character and he pretty much headlines this book. Wish he had his own title, but take what I can get.

Midnighter - This character became a favorite of mine during the initial Authority run and I'm glad they gave him a solo book.

Booster Gold - Big fan of BG going back to the Giffen JLI days. Pretty good so far.

Marvel Comics

The Immortal Iron Fist - I might be the only person to admit that Iron Fist is, and always has been, my favorite Marvel character. This book has top notch writing and art. I couldn't ask for more.

Amazing Spider-Man - I haven't read ASM in years but decided to give the new direction a try. I'ts been good so far (tweo issues in).
Zanyboy

Re: What are you reading?

Postby Zanyboy on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:59 pm

Six months later and the only changes are that I dropped Spider-Man due to having to buy three issues a month to keep up and Midnighter was cancelled with #19.

I've also been picking up Marvel's Secret Invasion Mini and am looking forward to the upcoming Ambush Bug mini.
Zanyboy

Postby destros_elite on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:10 pm

I'm currently reading:

New Avengers
Astonishing X-Men
Secret Invasion
G.I. Joe: America's Elite

I currently dropped:
Ms. Marvel
Mighty Avengers

I have added the following to my subscription and am waiting for their release:

G.I.Joe (IDW)
Spooks: Omega Team (I sounds cool. Has anyone followed the first Spooks run? If so, would it be worth picking up the TPB?)
Voltron

On top of these I'm constantly reading TPB's.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Darko on Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:49 pm

Really not a ton anymore. I used to be into a bunch of different series, but they've all managed to disappoint me. I still buy New Avengers occasionally, and GI Joe for nostalgia sake (when I can find it...my local shop decided to stop carrying it a few issues ago). The only series that has yet to let me down is Fables, which I absolutely love.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby JustinCredible on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:09 am

i've only been picking up gi joe. my entire collection got stolen a couple years ago and made me discouraged to read anything else. i used to read just about everything i could get my hands on (ex. all batmans, supermans, spidermans, savage dragon, spawn, xmen, etc.) you name it i had it.

now that americas elite is over i'm re-reading all of my issues prepping for the idw run.
JustinCredible

Return to Comics