One of the many reasons I love Joe Comics...

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

One of the many reasons I love Joe Comics...

Postby destros_elite on Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Is anyone else reading WWIII right now? It is one of the best story lines G.I. Joe has had in a while and guess what? IT'S ALL IN ONE TITLE! Unlike so many other comic story lines (ex. Secret Invasion, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, etc.) you only have to buy ONE comic per month to keep up with the whole story. Secret Invasion is awesome! However, even though they have the main series, they also have tie-ins with New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Initative, Ms. Marvel, and on and on and on! You go broke trying to keep up!
But of course this is just one of the MANY reasons I love Joe comics... :destro:
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

"Larry Hama is king!"

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:24 pm

As Christopher from G.I. Joe Review says in each episodes disclaimer, "Larry Hama is king!"
I have read the Marvel run, Image/DDP, and DDP series (except the last issue so PLEASE, NO ONE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS :D ). Don't get me wrong, Blaylock, Jerwa, Casey, and Powers have done an awesome job with Image and Devil's Due, but Hama's stories from the Marvel run are just so spectacular! If anyone else out there has read all three runs, let me know what you think!
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: One of the many reasons I love Joe Comics...

Postby Zanyboy on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:56 pm

Could WWIII be read/understood if you haven't been following the series up untill that point?
Zanyboy

Postby JustinCredible on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:58 pm

Zanyboy wrote:Could WWIII be read/understood if you haven't been following the series up untill that point?

the answer is yes. there are things you might need to read before hand, but if you pick up the 12 issues of world war 3 (#'s 25-36) you can understand what's going on. although the buildup is excellent all the way from number 13.
JustinCredible

Postby JustinCredible on Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:06 pm

destros_elite wrote:Is anyone else reading WWIII right now? It is one of the best story lines G.I. Joe has had in a while and guess what? IT'S ALL IN ONE TITLE! Unlike so many other comic story lines (ex. Secret Invasion, Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, etc.) you only have to buy ONE comic per month to keep up with the whole story. Secret Invasion is awesome! However, even though they have the main series, they also have tie-ins with New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Initative, Ms. Marvel, and on and on and on! You go broke trying to keep up!
But of course this is just one of the MANY reasons I love Joe comics... :destro:

this is one of the reasons i'm always all over the gi joe series. i stopped collecting most other titles because of that simple fact you need to buy mutiple titles just to know whats going on. and even when there were multiple titles under the joe universe, you didn't need to read the other archs in order to understand what was going on since they gave you a reference if you wanted to know what was being referred to.
JustinCredible

Return to Comics