What's your favorite Marvel G.I. Joe Issue?

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

What's your favorite Marvel G.I. Joe Issue?

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Just for fun...what is your favorite Marvel G.I. Joe Issue? And you may have two issues. For example, if you grew up reading the comics, you may have had a favorite as a kid, but when you read the comics again later on, you may have a different issue you like now. So, since I started this, it is only fair that I go first.
My favorite issue as a kid would have to be issue 76, with the conclusion of the Civil War on Cobra Island and the death of Serpentor. I just loved how Hama brought it all to a close that no one saw coming (at least a 10 year old didn't see coming :D ).
When I finally read the entire run in my early 20's, I found another favorite (I can't say a new favorite because 76 still holds a special place to me). Issue 19 wraps up an arch that spanned like 7 or 8 issues. It is so full of action and was the first time, to me anyway, that things got real serious in the Marvel run. I really liked the character Kwinn and hated to see him go, though.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: What's your favorite Marvel G.I. Joe Issue?

Postby destros_elite on Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:08 pm

I must admit...after five months, I am surprised no one has responded to this question. :cry:
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby lobo on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:02 am

The Special Missions (#2?) where they went after the nazis in the jungle.
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby destros_elite on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:12 pm

lobo wrote:The Special Missions (#2?) where they went after the nazis in the jungle.

Wow! I had totally forgotten about that issue! Thanks for reminding me! I'll have to read that one again! :D
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:10 pm

I'm not sure I have one ( yet =D )
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:24 pm

After looking back through some of my issues, I really like issues 103-104, when Scarlett is injured so to keep SE's mind off of her, SS puts SE into the "Arashikage Mind-Set" and sends him into Sierra Gordo on a mission. SE is a beast when in the mind-set! Great reads! Check 'em out if you haven't already; and if you already have...READ 'EM AGAIN! :snakeeyes3:
destros_elite

Return to Comics