What would you change about the old continuity?

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

What would you change about the old continuity?

Postby destros_elite on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:56 pm

As you all know, IDW is coming out with a new G.I. Joe continuity. This has me thinking back and reflecting on the previous continuity (G.I. Joe #1 Marvel to G.I. Joe America's Elite #36 DDP). What would you change from the old continuity (anything you just didn't like or would do differently)?

For me (without pulling out the comics) it would be the Star Brigade (late in the Marvel Run). I mean...come on! :roll:
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: What would you change about the old continuity?

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:42 pm

A lot of the stuff in the last 50 issues can be considered Hasbro ads, Ninja Force and Star Brigade especially. Not that I dislike them, its just there.

At the moment, I can't think of anything that really jumps out at me.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Re: What would you change about the old continuity?

Postby destros_elite on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:52 pm

chad_ghost wrote:A lot of the stuff in the last 50 issues can be considered Hasbro ads, Ninja Force and Star Brigade especially. Not that I dislike them, its just there.

At the moment, I can't think of anything that really jumps out at me.

I know what you mean. I'm trying to re-collect all the issues but have no desire to collect issues 101-155. Don't get me wrong...there are a few good ones in there, but I don't think any of them compare to the stories from issues 1-100. I wonder how many times Larry Hama rolled his eyes when he had a story set to go and then was told by Hasbro to introduce Star Brigade. :roll:
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Comics