What did you like best from the old continuity?

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

Postby destros_elite on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:00 am

For me, it was the Cobra Civil War (Marvel run number in the 70's). I remember reading these issues as a kid and just being blown away! I mean, G.I. Joe helping one faction of Cobra, Destro laying back and biding his time, Serpentor getting assassinated by Zartan...It was awesome! :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: What did you like best from the old continuity?

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:40 pm

I would have to say (at the moment) that my favorite is the Cobra Commander/Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Zartan/Firefly saga. Just the massive amount of interwinedness astounds me.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Re: What did you like best from the old continuity?

Postby destros_elite on Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:55 pm

chad_ghost wrote:I would have to say (at the moment) that my favorite is the Cobra Commander/Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow/Zartan/Firefly saga. Just the massive amount of interwinedness astounds me.

Hama did indeed do a masterful job with weaving all of those stories together. It will be interesting to see if Hama does anything similar in G.I. Joe: Origins that he is writing.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Comics