Best comic book movie?

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

Best comic book movie?

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Curious as to others thoughts. I've always loved Blade II (third was unbearably bad though) but I think Dark Knight takes the cake here.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Re: Best comic book movie?

Postby destros_elite on Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Iron Man comes to mind first for me. It had a lot of real comic stuff in it. I especially liked the introduction of Nick Fury at the very end talking to Tony Stark about the Avenger's Initiative.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby Matthew on Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:20 am

1. Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. Batman Begins
4. Hulk 2
5. (tied) Blade & Spiderman 2
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby Rockpop on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:37 pm

1. Iron Man
2. Batman (Keaton & Nicholson)
3. Spider-Man
4. Dark Knight
5. The Crow

I could go on-and-on.

Adam West's Batman may not be ranked as a "best", but I usually watched it when it came on TV. And could not turn away for some reason.

Superman 2 is kinda the same way.
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby RevSears on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:08 pm

Solo wrote:1. Iron Man
2. Batman (Keaton & Nicholson)
3. Spider-Man
4. Dark Knight
5. The Crow

I could go on-and-on.

Adam West's Batman may not be ranked as a "best", but I usually watched it when it came on TV. And could not turn away for some reason.

Superman 2 is kinda the same way.

I'm shocked solo, very few people prefer Keaton and Nicholson over Dark Knight. I'm curious, is there a reason it stands out more to you?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby camper on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:31 pm

RevSears wrote:I'm shocked solo, very few people prefer Keaton and Nicholson over Dark Knight. I'm curious, is there a reason it stands out more to you?

Keaton did the best Bruce Wayne, IMHO. It doesn't really matter who's under the suit, because there's very little variance in acting style between actors when they're in the costume, but you have to buy the dual persona in order to really get the character. Keaton made Bruce Wayne and Baman different characters, rather than "Batman out of the costume" like all the others.

Thats why I think Spiderman was such a success too. Parker is parker, and Spiderman is a different persona than parker despite them being the same person. If you havea costumed hero, it only works in the case of Iron Man where the guy in the suit is the same guy but in a super power suit. Batman, spiderman, superman, hulk, etc doesn't work that way.

Its part of the reaons why most of the characters in Xmen 1 were pretty bland.

camper
camper

Postby destros_elite on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:49 am

Great explaination, Camper. To be honest I hadn't really thought of it that way, but I agree with you.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby Rockpop on Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:22 pm

Exactly right camper. Couldn't say it much better.

Also, a lot of people forget that Wayne/Batman is one of the world's best detectives. Keaton brings out that persona of Batman.

Nicholson is top-notch. Iconic actor playing an iconic role. Joker could never beat Batman physically, he has to use his wits and countless thugs. Ledger wonderfully portrayed the "psycho" side of Joker. But Nicholson was more of the classic gangster. I still find myself repeating Nicholson's lines sometimes (and always in Jack's voice)...especially "never rub another man's rhubarb"... :D
Rockpop
aka Solo

Postby camper on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:01 am

Rockpop wrote:Nicholson is top-notch. Iconic actor playing an iconic role. Joker could never beat Batman physically, he has to use his wits and countless thugs. Ledger wonderfully portrayed the "psycho" side of Joker. But Nicholson was more of the classic gangster. I still find myself repeating Nicholson's lines sometimes (and always in Jack's voice)...especially "never rub another man's rhubarb"... :D

Nicholson was the perfect Joker for the Burton version of Batman, and Ledger was perfect for the Nolan version.

Even though Ledger was phenomenal, you forgot it was Ledger...which means that some other actor could more or less copy Ledger's itteration of the character and give off a very similar performance. We say a "good" actor should be able to do this, but really becoming another person (even if you're becoming someone else becoming someone else) is their job. Would be a sin to shelve a perfectly good villian simply because the actor who played him died.

camper
camper

Postby chad_ghost on Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:11 pm

camper wrote: Would be a sin to shelve a perfectly good villian simply because the actor who played him died.

camper

Agreed. Just bring Depp in. He plays psycho well :)
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm looking forward to the new comic book movies that are/rumored to be coming out in the next two or three years:

Thor
Captain America
Avengers

Good stuff! :D
destros_elite

Return to Comics