Comic Borrowing and Trading

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

Comic Borrowing and Trading

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:36 pm

Times are tough and money is tight for all of us. Because of this, it is difficult to keep up with comics that we enjoy, because as much as we enjoy them, they are DEFINATELY in the WANT COLUMN.
That being said, I would like to suggest that we start lending our comics to people to read. Now, this does take trust and don't feel like you have to do this. But it is a way to help each other out. People can keep up with the stories they enjoy for just the cost of shipping. RevSears and I have started doing this and I think I speak for both of us when I say this has worked out EXTREMELY WELL! :D
Another suggestion to help with our hobbies in these tough times, is to trade. I recently traded my entire figure collection (which was only picking up dust in the closet) for some unopened 25th Anniversary stuff (which I have wanted but didn't have the money to put into it). So maybe we could open a "trading" thread here (What do you think, Matt & Chad?)? I know I still have some original 3 3/4 figures, card backs, comics, and trade paperbacks that I have available for trade.

Anyway, just some suggestions to help scratch the "Hobby Itch" in these tough times... :D
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: Comic Borrowing and Trading

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:07 pm

I'll look into this soon.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Return to Comics