G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero coming soon!

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero coming soon!

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:02 pm

So just in case you haven't heard, the comic G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero by Larry Hama will be coming back to life beginning with issue 156 on July 28th. That's right! The orginial series previously published by Marvel is returning. IDW released 155 1/2 on Free Comic Book Day as well. What are your thoughts on the continuation of the original storyline? Are you excited? Don't care? Post your thoughts...
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Re: G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero coming soon!

Postby RevSears on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 am

since it discards devils due (and by that Barrel Roll, Blackout, Kamakura, and Colton as a major part of the team) and has a very absurd cobra w/ U.S. government plot, I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole!

I understand the excitment but from what i've seen Hama's returns to Joe can not recapture the old marvel days.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:47 pm

I'm indifferent. I just don't read comics. I still love the old ones and there are things I liked from DD, but I still won't get around to reading them, so I just don't buy them.

I could possibly buy trades of these though.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:53 pm

I will try and post a review here of the FCBD G.I. Joe 155 1/2 issue and issue 156 when it comes out the end of next month.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to Comics