New Batwoman is a lesbian

There is so much going on in the comic world that really anything can be discussed here. From DC to Marvel, from figures to movies, comics are everywhere with much to talk about.

Re: New Batwoman is a lesbian

Postby camper on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 am

chad_ghost wrote:This was mentioned today at church as a new announcement. Funny how the idea didn't take off 2 1/2 years ago, yet they are trying to push it again.

That's because ther eis a current storyline where Batman (Bruce Wayne) is retiring and passing the cowl to a replacemnet. Batwoman is a contender for the replacement.

camper
camper

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:50 am

See, this is actually why I come here. Thanks Dan!
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Darko on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:13 pm

I'm not really surprised it didn't take off. Regardless of your feelings on the issue of homosexuality, you can't really base an interesting character around "he/she is gay" any more than you can base an interesting character around "he/she is straight." You need quite a bit more to hook an audience, because after the novelty wears off, they're going to want something else.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby chad_ghost on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:28 pm

Darko wrote:I'm not really surprised it didn't take off. Regardless of your feelings on the issue of homosexuality, you can't really base an interesting character around "he/she is gay" any more than you can base an interesting character around "he/she is straight." You need quite a bit more to hook an audience, because after the novelty wears off, they're going to want something else.

Exactly.

It's the exact reason why you don't see Marvel What If's like 'What if Spider-man was gay?" Instead, you see things like 'What if the Punisher was Venom?' or 'What if Spider-man had kept 6 arms?' These can be elaborated upon, but the sexual orientation issue is pretty much a stale point.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:02 pm

I've yet to know anyone who was gay that there was their only defining character point. this is catching on though, i posted another topic in the main forum i think, about Stan lee now making a guy character.

I fear less about them trying to get gay people to read comics, and more about them pushing a liberal moral agenda.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Previous

Return to Comics