Pyro's Pick, June 20, 2012

If you are a hardcore music fan or just looking for something to spice up your stereo, come here and keep us in tune.

Pyro's Pick, June 20, 2012

Postby the pyromaniac on Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:54 pm

So, here it is. The latest installment of Pyro's Pick has dropped, merely 372 days after I promised it... Tonight's random Christian music oddity is Joy Electric's incredibly odd album, and maybe his masterpiece, *The Otherly Opus*.

Favorite Songs:
The Otherly Opus
Colors in Dutch
The Ushering In of the Magical Era
Red Will Dye These Snows of Silver

Description:
If you've visited my old Pyro's Pick posts and checked out old material by Joy Electric, you probably remember his sound as Super Mario Brothers if it were music. This album has a much heavier sound, and is probably his heaviest project so far (though not at all heavy on the Pyromaniac/NoRmus scale)

Rating (possible 5 stars):
Songwriting: 5
Instrumentation: 5
Originality: 5 (ground-breaking even for a Joy Electric record)
Overall Awesomeness: 382 out of a possible 5
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Re: Pyro's Pick, June 20, 2012

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:52 pm

I have one song by them: "Sugar Rush"

I hate that song. I'm sure this stuff is better than that.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:32 am

I love Sugar Rush, for nostalgic reasons, but yeah, this is way better. It's the same idea, just using a strippped-down analog synthesizer. The difference is about 12 years of honing his skills as a musician and songwriter, 12 years of getting old and watching his daughter grow up, getting ordained as a minister, moving from L.A. (where he lived from birth to his early 40's) to Ohio, and listening to a lot of punk, metal, and shoegazer.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:36 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3Oxg6M4KU

Here's the video for "Red Will Dye These Snows of Silver". You'll notice a lot of differences in the overall delivery, it's heavier and darker.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Music