Christian music

If you are a hardcore music fan or just looking for something to spice up your stereo, come here and keep us in tune.

Christian music

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:56 pm

So what's everybody listening to lately? Here's my list of current favorites getting heavy rotation in my CD player, some well known and some not so much.

POD "The Warriors EP vol. 1&2", "The Fundamental Elements of Southtown"

Blindside "The Great Depression", "Silence", "Blindside 1997", "A Thought Crushed My Mind"

Alice Cooper "The Last Temptation"

Third Day "Wire"

Gretchen "Mouth Full of Nails", "In the Mean Time" (those of you who are in the same geographic area as me and Normus will likely recognize them as a local artist.)

Chasing Tomorrow "Vein Tears EP" (some old friends of ours from Roanoke, VA, and one of the hardest-core of all hardcore bands I've ever heard!)

TobyMac "Momentum"

Disciple "Rise Up" (also a local artist)
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby tigerguy786 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:19 pm

if i could listen to music all the time, im not allowed to listen to it in my dorm however...heh, oh well.

if i could:

Relient K "Mmhmm" "Anatomy of Tongue in Cheek"

Newsboys "Adoration" "Shine" "Thrive" "He Reigns: Worship Collection"

Skillet self titled album

Kutless self-titled and "Sea of Faces"

If i had it I'd listen to Thousand Foot Krutch 'Phenomenon" but I have since lost it, well my friend lost it...

that's all i can think of right now...
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send and who will go before us?"
Then said I, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
tigerguy786

Postby rttmongoosemike on Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:34 pm

I'm a hymn guy myself. Lately I've been switching back and forth between a CD of various hymns and Handel's Messiah.
rttmongoosemike

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:32 pm

I got no beef with hymns, and I totally feel that there's a place for them. They're just not my musical cup o' tea.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Skyfire on Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:38 pm

This is over the past two weeks:

Nelson - After The Rain

Soundtrack - Lost Universe, vol. 1

Sountrack - .Hack//Sign anime
a whole bunch of midi files.
"Whatever I do, you don't!"

Bon Scott (July 9, 1946 - February 19, 1980) to the much younger Angus Young (both of AC/DC), as remembered by Young.
Skyfire

Postby ColtsFan76 on Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:13 pm

I am not much of a CD person because I am always on the go. Since I help finacially support this radio station, http://shine.fm/, I have them on in my truck almost constantly. Just about everyone on there I like: Barlow Girls, SuperChic, Third Day, 4th Avenue Jones, Pillar, Stellar Kart, Kutlass, KJV2
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby Normus on Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:29 am

I'd say i could pretty much cut and paste the selections of the Pyro, only i would adding the following to my heavy rotation list.

"The Berry Vest" by the Swirling Eddies
and "Panic" by Magnified Plaid (a.k.a. MXPX)
Normus

Postby RevSears on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:57 pm

Dc Talk, Toby mac, Kirk franklin, pillar and kutlass are my most listend to right now. I have a lot of mixs that have various people on it that my wife had when we got married, so there are several small time bands i listen to. I also have several cds from more local bands.
RevSears

Postby andrwfields on Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:47 pm

I found a site called Pandora

It's an awesome site. They ask you what song or artist you like, and they play that (if they have it, and they usually do) plus all the songs that the generator can come up with that are similar to it.

I plugged in Jeremy Camp, and now I have an awesome Christian music line-up![/url]
Last edited by andrwfields on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:31 pm

Normus wrote:"The Berry Vest" by the Swirling Eddies

I can't believe I forgot this one... It's a classic!

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:48 am

I have another one to share with everybody.

Showbread "No Sir, Nihilism is Not Practical"

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby PoetFlint on Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:30 pm

I don't listen to alot of music, I have a hard time finding stuff I like.
Anyway the christian stuf that I've been listening to:
X-Sinner
Pillar-Fireproof
Petra-Praise
Lulu Roman

if anybody out there knows of any current christian bands that sound like AC/DC or even rock old school or good Metal (not the hardcore deep scream sound) let me know, It's hard to get into music taht you don't like the style of no matter how good thge messege.
PoetFlint

Postby Matthew on Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:34 pm

Shaun McDonald
Jeremy Camp- Live, Unplugged
Story Side B

that's a few that I've been listening to as of late
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:57 pm

PoetFlint wrote:if anybody out there knows of any current christian bands that sound like AC/DC or even rock old school or good Metal (not the hardcore deep scream sound) let me know, It's hard to get into music taht you don't like the style of no matter how good thge messege.

Disciple has a Jackyl meets AC/DC kinda sound. You might also check out their good friends Nailed and Gretchen, all of whom are local bands to the area where I live (southwest Virginia, northeast Tennessee).

noRmus and I are probably the guys to ask about that style of music anyway... :)

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby PoetFlint on Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:59 pm

the pyromaniac wrote:
PoetFlint wrote:if anybody out there knows of any current christian bands that sound like AC/DC or even rock old school or good Metal (not the hardcore deep scream sound) let me know, It's hard to get into music taht you don't like the style of no matter how good thge messege.

Disciple has a Jackyl meets AC/DC kinda sound. You might also check out their good friends Nailed and Gretchen, all of whom are local bands to the area where I live (southwest Virginia, northeast Tennessee).

noRmus and I are probably the guys to ask about that style of music anyway... :)

Again we cross paths...lol thanks for the heads up, I'll check them out.
PoetFlint

Next

Return to Music