Pyro's Pick, 8/22/06, Seventh Day Slumber's "Freedom...

If you are a hardcore music fan or just looking for something to spice up your stereo, come here and keep us in tune.

Pyro's Pick, 8/22/06, Seventh Day Slumber's "Freedom...

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:50 pm

I'm mellowing out a little bit today (by my standards). There's a band out there that proves you don't have to play fast to be heavy and intense, and I've been into them for about 4-5 years now. In that time, they've gone from being as underground as anything else in my music library to having their CD's available in Wal-Mart. I'm talking about Seventh Day Slumber, and since last night I've had Freedom from Human Regulation in my CD player. I saw these guys one time back in early '02 and was impressed with the honesty, intensity, and raw emotion in Joe Rojas's lyrics, as well as their sound.

There's a song called "Candy" where Joe is talking to God about all the times he spent doing drugs, and now how fortunate he is to be a Christian. At the end of the disc is a hidden track of him giving his testimony, that's just as heavy as the music... I'm not going to give you any more, 'cuz I want you to buy the CD and support this awesome band! :D
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Music