Pyro's pick is back! 10/3/06, Vigilantes of Love unreleased

If you are a hardcore music fan or just looking for something to spice up your stereo, come here and keep us in tune.

Pyro's pick is back! 10/3/06, Vigilantes of Love unreleased

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:36 pm

Last week I was at work, taking calls, trying to sell some car audio so I could feed the family, you know, the usual stuff... I got a call from a very nice gentleman by the name of Scott Klopfenstein, who bought a nice set of Kicker speakers from me for his truck. I recognized that name, as there was a drummer who played in Vigilantes of Love back in the late '90s by that name, and also a trumpet player in the non-Christian ska-core band Reel Big Fish (both bands had a prominent place in my and NoRmus's musical libraries back in the late '90s), so I asked him if he was either one of those Scott Klopfensteins. It turns out he was the one from VoL, and he was amazed I'd heard of them. :) I got to work today and there was a package on my desk containing a burned copy of VoL's 1998 unreleased demo (I think this is the album that was going to be released by Pioneer Electronics when they were going to launch a record label, and the label crashed and this stuff never saw the light of day), along with 3 other CD's that Scott thought fans of VoL would enjoy. I'll review those as soon as I hear them.

I'm actually really getting into this stuff, and it's every bit as good as the VoL stuff that did get released in that same era. There's a bohemian vibe going on here, with a stereotypical college-radio sound, that resonates even with a headbanger like myself... I'm really liking the songs "It could be a lot worse", "Extreme north of the compass", and "On to Bethlehem", and I think some of this stuff definitely needs to make it to the first Army4One Pyro's Picks compilation. I'll also see if I can get a copy into the hands of NoRmus, so if anybody needs it burned for their own collection you can take it up with him since I don't have the time.

On a scale of 1-10, I'll give this 9 stars. I'd give it more if there were more than 9 songs.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Normus on Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:27 am

As much as I always liked Vol, I'm really looking forward to hearing it. Have to say I would have loved to see the look on the guy's face when he realised he was talking with a fan.
Normus

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:02 am

Dude, you could hear the shock in his voice! I think the last thing he expected was to be recognized just from the name... I did a little more research and it turns out most of these songs are from the CD that was supposed to be released by Pioneer right before they folded their record label. The album did eventually see the light of day with a couple of other labels, but distribution was limited so this is all new stuff to most fans.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:22 pm

Scott sent me several more V.o.L. CD's that came today! :D I'm willing to share these, and I've got permission from him to do so. Just let me know (NoRmus and PoetFlint, I'm looking in your general direction, and I think you'll want to jump on this offer!).

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Normus on Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:54 am

Um, why ever would you think i'm intrested and stuff :D . Oh yeah its because I like them as much as you do. I think you know the only real question is how to get those into my grubby little hands.
Normus

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:23 pm

This coming Sunday is biker Sunday at Zion. How 'bout you go with us?

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Normus on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:22 am

the pyromaniac wrote:This coming Sunday is biker Sunday at Zion. How 'bout you go with us?

I think that boat will hunt. It would be a good change to get back over there. Though I think if its more then just you and me, probly better to take your ride.
Normus

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:59 pm

Well, yeah. It's probably gonna be you, me, Gabi, and a guy I work with who's gonna be in town from Charlottesville. Maybe the Liberty is a better option than the Camaro. Back on topic, V.o.L. Live @ the 40Watt has the best version of "Double Cure" you'll ever hear.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Music