Pyro's Pick, 10/31/06, Day of Fire self-titled

If you are a hardcore music fan or just looking for something to spice up your stereo, come here and keep us in tune.

Pyro's Pick, 10/31/06, Day of Fire self-titled

Postby the pyromaniac on Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:11 am

A couple of years ago a band surfaced on Essential Records (they're not famous but they've put out a bunch of CD's by Third Day, Jars of Clay, and Plumb, so they're major players in the Christian music business) featuring a new convert to Christianity on vocals, who had for years been the lead singer for the decidedly un-Christian band full devil jacket. God has gotten a hold in this guy's heart and he's writing some of the deepest praise-metal lyrics this side of Blindside, with a sonic intensity unmatched even by such legends of Christian metal as P.o.D. and Alice Cooper.

Even though it's one of the slowest songs on the album, I love "Rain". It's a great song about letting God's presence wash over you.

Rain, oh we thirst for water
Rain, we are desert land
Rain on Your sons and daughters
Rain, bring Your rain again

That's pretty typical of the lyrics on the CD, and I've heard good things about their new one, even though I haven't picked it up yet.

Simply put, the last time I got as excited about a new band as I got when I first heard Day of Fire was in 1996 when I heard Skillet.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Music