The status of Pyro's Pick

If you are a hardcore music fan or just looking for something to spice up your stereo, come here and keep us in tune.

The status of Pyro's Pick

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:41 am

I'm working on putting together a batch of new stuff to review, discovering some unknown artists around the web, and I was wondering what you guys all think of what I'm doing... Is anybody actually paying attention, and is Pyro's Pick contributing anything positive? I've only really ever gotten any feedback from 3 guys, and one doesn't count (being my cousin and all... sorry NoRmus!), so I was wondering if anybody really cares...

If anybody actually does, am I going too underground for y'all? I realize that my musical preferences tend to lean toward stuff Christian radio won't touch with a 73-1/2 foot pole, and I don't want to alienate anybody who's into more mainstream Christian music.

[/rant]
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby chad_ghost on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:15 am

i like these, but they arent often easy to find the music. thats why im hoping whenever we get 13 reviews (songs), i can put together an army4One sampler and distribute them to everyone that is interested.

also, i can include other info about the bands and it could be a great way to really bring this music to others.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby andrwfields on Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:33 am

I read the Pyro's pick from time to time, as I'm always looking for good Christian music.

I was a music major when I was in college, and naturally, I'm really picky about what music I listen to. Sometimes, I wish that it wasn't that way, but it just is.

Keep the Pyro's Picks coming! I want to listen to more underground Christian music that hasn't been corrupted by big media. And if you don't care, could you please put up a link to where we could sample some of this music? I'm not sure if Pandora is going to come equipped with some of the tunes that you're reviewing. :)
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Matthew on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:33 pm

I agree with Chad. I don't download music, so w/o getting the whole CD it's hard for me to follow the reviews (I'm also lazy). I'd however, be more inclined if you included links to the reviewed artist on pandora. just a thought.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback brothers! I've got some new stuff in store for you in the coming weeks, stuff that was unknown even to me... :)

In the meantime, I'll see if I can edit my previous posts and get some of those links up.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Return to Music