The fray

If you are a hardcore music fan or just looking for something to spice up your stereo, come here and keep us in tune.

The fray

Postby RevSears on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:07 pm

i noticed they have been playing on air1 alot. A really good band but they aren't Christian are they? never heard of them as a christian band.
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:14 pm

I have heard OF them, but that is it. I nothing else.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 pm

not that I know of. I've heard 2 songs and saw alot of them around grammy time.

this is from wiki
"Although the band draws comparisons to Christian rock groups, they state that they "don't call [themselves] a Christian band"."

they have toured with Matt Kearney and one of the singles saw Christian airplay, but it doesn't seem like they are a Christian band.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:39 am

Matthew wrote:but it doesn't seem like they are a Christian band.

I heard talk from Scott Stapp (Creed) once about the title "Christian Band."

He said that you never hear people say, "Hey, is he a Christian _________ (lawyer, plumber, salesclerk, etc). Just because their lyrics have those undertones, everyone throws the term around. They band could be Christian and be a mainstream band without being deemed a Christian band.

Either way, if the message is good, and it makes people think of Christianity, then fantastic.
chad_ghost

"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby andrwfields on Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:49 pm

I miss my Air1 station. I used to get it when I lived closer to Lexington. Now I'm just too far away to hear the good stuff. :(

Unless Rev knows something I do not. And I don't have regular internet access to listen to it online. K-Love is good, but it's just not the same. I miss my Christian rock music. One can only take so much Brian Littrell.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:14 pm

i listen online only sadly. Air1 is definitely superior to k-love. Yeah but didn't Scott Krippane Sp? get kicked out of his own band for drinking like a fish? their alterbridge now and he is solo, and from what i hear cleaned up (which is a praise) I worry that it's a lack of commitment to Christ, but i can't judge so i better be careful there. Wouldn't it be awesome if terms like Christian lawyer and plumber where thrown around?
RevSears

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:31 pm

RevSears wrote:Yeah but didn't Scott Krippane Sp? get kicked out of his own band for drinking like a fish? their alterbridge now and he is solo, and from what i hear cleaned up (which is a praise) I worry that it's a lack of commitment to Christ, but i can't judge so i better be careful there. Wouldn't it be awesome if terms like Christian lawyer and plumber where thrown around?

Its actually Scott Stapp, and as far as his actions, I do not know what was actually confirmed. There seemed to be different stories from both sides. But yeah, Creed's original band sans Stapp became Alterbridge.

Stapp also was the producer on the album "Songs Inspired by the Passion of the Christ," which had the "I see love" song by Chapman, 3rd Day, and Mercy Me.
chad_ghost

chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby ColtsFan76 on Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:43 pm

The Fray is a Christian Band. they are played regularly on my Christian station up in Chicago - shine.fm (it's a website too if you ever want to check them out and listen online - http://shine.fm).

Anyway, they interviewed The Fray and asked them why they went with the non-Christian label. They said they were very close to signing with a Christian label when the major label took interest (not sure who it is). They felt that they could gain more exposure, larger concerts, and impact more people for Christ by taking this route.

I pray that they hold to that. It seems the pressures of a major label and more secular pressure have hurt bands like Creed and Evanessence (sp?). Though they didn't claim to be Christian bands - just Christians in a band IIRC.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Return to Music