Legalizing Mary Jane

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Legalizing Mary Jane

Postby RevSears on Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 pm

So what you think? it's been a big topic for years now. It's often considered less harmful, addictive, and inhibiting than alchoal. So i'm curious as to what you think.

this is another topic to drum up conversation!

I'm actually for it, BECAUSE... it would be easier to control, and we could put more effort into combating more harmful drugs.
RevSears

Postby andrwfields on Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 pm

Hmmmm, touchy for me.

I've done it before. Not fun. Never want to do it again. That was before I knew God.

As far as legalizing it... The tax money would be good, but think of the consequences. You legalize it, people go crazy for at least a year or two, more DUI's and PI's arrested than ever before. More people killed because of people legally smoking their weed and then going crazy.

Yes, it does happen because I know people that do it.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby RevSears on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:14 pm

to clarify never done it!
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:43 pm

I say sort of. There have been medical purposes, so if they could create a THC inhaler by prescription only, I don't see the problem. There are alot of harmful prescription drugs out there, so legalizing weed for medical use would be just like having prescripion oxycoton.
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: Legalizing Mary Jane

Postby RevSears on Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:35 pm

morally i still don't think it's right but it may be easier. I've recently gotten more intersted in this. Wondering how it affect the drug war in mexico. THat really is more about Coc though.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby PoetFlint on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:27 pm

Heck no !
I have countless newspaprer clippings with studies that show Matijuana is a gate way drug, you get high off of it and the mojority move on to something else for a bigger high..coke, meth, heroin etc.
My body is a temple and therefore needs to be treated as such.
Alcohol can be abused if you are drinking to get drunk then you are taking it to excess (Guilty of this myself on occassion), but alcohol itself has several good traits in moderation....as oppossed to the mind altering chemicals in Marijuana etc.
"They make their tongues as sharp as serpent's; the poison of vipers is on their lips."
Psalm 140:3
PoetFlint

Postby RevSears on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:15 am

I've never really bought the gateway drug concept. I think it is less that someone who tries pot will end up trying another drug and more someone that is apt to do drugs will try what they can get their hands on easiest and first. Does that make sense?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Return to News & Politics