Andy Rooney

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Andy Rooney

Postby andrwfields on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 pm

I was over at my parents' house last night sitting around. My mom's a big Amazing Race fan so she tuned into CBS to watch 60 Minutes go off and her show come on. We just left it on 60 Minutes and watched the last 20 minutes of the show. We caught the Roger Clemens interview (he lied through all of it) and it ended with Andy Rooney.

Now, Andy Rooney is basically on the show to give his opinion about things, which is fine. People are entitled to their opinion even if they're paid to give it, but this was rediculous.

He started off the segment by talking about the Iowa Caucus. How Obama and Huckabee took the lead on their respective sides. Then he started rambling...

He said that Jefferson and Roosevelt were the greatest presidents we ever had. How George Washington was the first president. Then he asked what would happen if Rudy Gulianni were the first president, "Would we be visiting 'Gulianni D.C.'? Would we go to see the Huckabee monument instead of the Washington monument? Would we stop by the Obama memorial instead of the Lincoln Memorial?" He stated that those names just weren't as presidential...

And that was it.

I don't know about you, but I think Andy Rooney is finally getting to old to listen to him and make sense of what he says. He can barely see over at the little desk that he sits at. I talk to elderly people all day long, and his ramblings reminded me of being at work.

But that's just me.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby camper on Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:04 pm

I think Andy Rooney is still on 60 minutes because he's been on 60 minutes for so long. Personally, I just don't think he's 'all there' anymore.

dan
camper

Postby RevSears on Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:56 pm

I haven't th ought he was all there for years then again i've stopped watch network news all together.
RevSears

Postby Zanyboy on Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:14 pm

I stopped watching network news years ago as well.

The last time I seen Rooney on tv was on the Ali G show.
Zanyboy

Return to News & Politics