human-cow embryo research approved in UK

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

human-cow embryo research approved in UK

Postby tigerguy786 on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:25 am

The Link

What an interesting turn of events this is. Putting human DNA into cow eggs...I really don't think that this will work. I can't imagine that we humans have enough of a grasp on the incomprehensibly complicated substance known as DNA to be able to pull this off. I imagine that DNA is such that it everything has to be 100% right or it doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I'll bet when they're done they won't have accomplished much, if anything.

I don't say that to be cynical but I imagine that God wouldn't allow and we humans are too finite to be able to replicate life. I'm highly doubtful that humans will ever be properly cloned.

An interesting comment I saw when I clicked the link:

I notice the US christian fundamentalist taleban are out in force, as is usual whenever there's an article about stem cells. Or any one of half a dozen other subjects that they seem to think(?) are best left to their iron age mid east version of god.
paul , sheffield, uk

It's rather sad that people think this way. I wish I had more to say on it, but I really don't...
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send and who will go before us?"
Then said I, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
tigerguy786

Postby Matthew on Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:39 am

very interesting to say the least.

People still think that we created God to help us understand the world. Being created by God makes us inferior, and most people can't humble themselves enough to accept this, even when science can't back up any of their creation theories. And they think we are closed minded.
Matthew
The Mayor

Return to News & Politics