The Future Fall of the United States

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

The Future Fall of the United States

Postby Matthew on Mon May 12, 2008 9:19 am

I was watching a tv show about how the USA could fall. They mentioned that if gas prices keep going and reach $8 (which parts of Europe are paying now), that it could throw the US into a major depression. Here is some of the things it mentioned.

$200 to fill up your SUV
Farmers can't afford gas for their tractors, which shoot crop prices up. Add that to soaring transportation costs, and food could be unaffordable. This could lead to unemployment and bread lines.

They said that if something isn't done in 5-7 years that this could happen to us. This scares the crap out of me, but part of me isn't surprised. This country is over 200years old, and correct me if I'm wrong, that would put us as lasting longer than the Roman Empire, the gov't that our government is based on.

Do you think this is just time for this to happen, or could this even be Revelation driven. Within the past 100 years we have the reformation of Israel, the formation of the UN, the Jews regained control of Jerusalem, Europe has been united with the Euro.

Anyone else see the writing on the wall?
Matthew
The Mayor

Re: The Future Fall of the United States

Postby camper on Mon May 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Matthew wrote:Do you think this is just time for this to happen, or could this even be Revelation driven. Within the past 100 years we have the reformation of Israel, the formation of the UN, the Jews regained control of Jerusalem, Europe has been united with the Euro.

Not the past 100...the past 60.

Personally, I do believe it's Revelations driven but that's not to say that we couldn't go another 500-1000 (or more) years but I really don't think we will. Either way, it will be what it will be. Thank God it's in His hands, and not mine.

A lot of people wonder why the US isn't mentioned in Revelation, being that we're such a huge influence in the world right now. It could be that at that time, we're not. If you take away the economic power of the United States, then we're not a world-power we're just another country in the world like Mexico, France, Spain, Canada, Africa, Portugal, or England. And since Israel will become a 'burdensome stone' to the world, US alliance (and support) with Israel will end or be irrelevant. (Jimmy Carter is working hard on ensuring the former.)

I wouldn't worry about what could happen in 5-7 years, since anything could happen between now and then. When adjusted for inflation, we're STILL paying less for gas than our parents did during the 70's oil crisis, as the price for a barrel (as adjusted) was about $238 or so back then. Plus, a show I was watching on History or Discover about oil (one of those doom & gloom what could happen shows) predicted riots in the street when gas hit $3.50 per gallon...and that was filmed in '04 or '05.

The real problem with oil, is that we need more refineries in order to process what we have, and until that happens the price will continue to rise. Of course, the number of environmentalists who would be delighted to see $10 per gallon--all under the banner of global warming--are on the rise, so more refineries won't happen so long as the politicians and media are goose-stepping to the chant of 'go green'.

You want to lose sleep, then think about what the economy is going to look like when the baby boomers go to collect on the social security benefits in the coming years. Since the typical 'nuclear family' was 2.5 kids when their parents were having 3-5, that means that when less people are putting in than what is going out the account will be drained pretty quickly.

Or you could think about how the US is in massive debt for a country that produces NOTHING, since big businesses are looked at as 'evil' by those who claim to be for the working man, so incentives to do business here are erased and large corporations go overseas where there are incentives and a lower cost to produce a product.

And since the american public is eager to go into debt for luxery items they don't need like large screen TV's, stainless steel appliances, and are willing to pay overpriced service charges for iPhone service or satellite radio (not to mention buying houses they couldn't afford with a loan they never should have signed--and then expect the government to bail them out) then the price of gas is the LEAST of our worries.

dan
camper

Postby Matthew on Mon May 12, 2008 1:42 pm

camper wrote:
Matthew wrote:Do you think this is just time for this to happen, or could this even be Revelation driven. Within the past 100 years we have the reformation of Israel, the formation of the UN, the Jews regained control of Jerusalem, Europe has been united with the Euro.

Not the past 100...the past 60.

Personally, I do believe it's Revelations driven but that's not to say that we couldn't go another 500-1000 (or more) years but I really don't think we will. Either way, it will be what it will be. Thank God it's in His hands, and not mine.

A lot of people wonder why the US isn't mentioned in Revelation, being that we're such a huge influence in the world right now. It could be that at that time, we're not. If you take away the economic power of the United States, then we're not a world-power we're just another country in the world like Mexico, France, Spain, Canada, Africa, Portugal, or England. And since Israel will become a 'burdensome stone' to the world, US alliance (and support) with Israel will end or be irrelevant. (Jimmy Carter is working hard on ensuring the former.)

I wouldn't worry about what could happen in 5-7 years, since anything could happen between now and then. When adjusted for inflation, we're STILL paying less for gas than our parents did during the 70's oil crisis, as the price for a barrel (as adjusted) was about $238 or so back then. Plus, a show I was watching on History or Discover about oil (one of those doom & gloom what could happen shows) predicted riots in the street when gas hit $3.50 per gallon...and that was filmed in '04 or '05.

The real problem with oil, is that we need more refineries in order to process what we have, and until that happens the price will continue to rise. Of course, the number of environmentalists who would be delighted to see $10 per gallon--all under the banner of global warming--are on the rise, so more refineries won't happen so long as the politicians and media are goose-stepping to the chant of 'go green'.

You want to lose sleep, then think about what the economy is going to look like when the baby boomers go to collect on the social security benefits in the coming years. Since the typical 'nuclear family' was 2.5 kids when their parents were having 3-5, that means that when less people are putting in than what is going out the account will be drained pretty quickly.

Or you could think about how the US is in massive debt for a country that produces NOTHING, since big businesses are looked at as 'evil' by those who claim to be for the working man, so incentives to do business here are erased and large corporations go overseas where there are incentives and a lower cost to produce a product.

And since the american public is eager to go into debt for luxery items they don't need like large screen TV's, stainless steel appliances, and are willing to pay overpriced service charges for iPhone service or satellite radio (not to mention buying houses they couldn't afford with a loan they never should have signed--and then expect the government to bail them out) then the price of gas is the LEAST of our worries.

dan

i <3 Dan
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby andrwfields on Tue May 13, 2008 11:17 am

Well said brother.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby RevSears on Mon May 26, 2008 8:12 pm

GO DAN!
We need to Drill anwar, build refineries and toss out Nafta and shrink our governments payroll. You wanna were tax money goes? look up how much the congressmen get for renting cars to drive around DC?
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby RevSears on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:13 pm

wow i had forgetten about this topic in till i posted about the national debt.

To me that's what is worrisome, when well the chinese stop buying our bonds? it also looks like Obama's going to raise taxes in this recession. It's not looking pretty, and I sometimes really wonder about the average intelligence of Americans. I don't think we understand economics.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Darko on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Not a lot to add, but this just made me think about this:

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colber ... phen-moore
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Postby destros_elite on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:22 pm

RevSears wrote: I sometimes really wonder about the average intelligence of Americans. I don't think we understand economics.

I totally agree! I especially wonder about the intelligence of the people running the country (and I'm not just talking about those running it now, although they are definately included!).
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Return to News & Politics