I was asked to post something divisive

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

I was asked to post something divisive

Postby the pyromaniac on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 pm

I think it was RevSears who asked me to post something divisive to spark conversation. Here goes...

Sarah Palin is dangerous. Her reign of tyranny in Alaska was marked by abuse of power and misallocation of state funds for personal use... Now she's become an attention-whore who is all over reality TV... I go to church and the people there are pushing me to join the Tea Party movement. I can't in good conscience support any organization where Sarah Palin is a leader, even if they did agree with my political beliefs...
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Re: I was asked to post something divisive

Postby chad_ghost on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:43 pm

Palin is a joke. I really don't keep up with her complete political views, but I like the idea of the Tea party and returning to actual conservative roots.

I really don't know anyone who takes her seriously, and if she is the best candidate we have, then we might as well count on a Hope, Change, Repeat.

Still, I don't keep up enough to know, but I liked Huckabee and a friend (who is conservative) thinks that Mike is a liar and way more liberal than the other GOP. Where he gets his info, I don't know, but with politics, can we ever know the truth?
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Postby the pyromaniac on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:30 pm

I like Huckabee myself. The problem is, guys like him who aren't extreme enough get swept under the rug by both parties.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby destros_elite on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:12 am

I really like Huckabee as well, but he stands on his Christian principles and is outspoken about his faith, and in this world that means you probably won't win the election. Palin is overrated. If she is the GOP nominee then Obama will eat her alive in a debate. I really am praying for the Lord to send a candidate that will honor Him first and foremost and secondly will lead our nation back where it should be. All of the so called frontrunners don't really have a shot (I've already mentioned Huckabee and Palin, and Romney wouldn't have a leg to stand on in a debate on Obamacare as he implemented a similar system in MA when he was governor there). Sigh...
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:33 am

no winners on the conserative side at the moent.

But yes... Palin is a complete idiot. Now as far as corrupt? Those are trumped charges. I'm in alaska and there is a deep power struggle by a family Group. Murkowski's father got booted out by palin for corruption, it's been dirty her because Palin kicked a lot of the rich corrupt folks out, so threw mud at her. But honesty aside, she is still an idiot who came along at the right time, and does seem to mean well.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby lobo on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:59 pm

I voted Mccain/Palin, not because they were better, but because they seemed less worse...
Look! An old man pulling a box of junk...
lobo

Postby Professor on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Don't get upset. But my wife and I voted Obama in the last election and we're from Arizona! With that I like McCain, I've even met him a few times. The reason why my wife and I really voted the way we did, was because of Palin. We think she's a joke. As a result we went for the change hype, just because we were so turned off by Palin's remarks. I mean Gotcha Journalism is equal to: What magazines do you read? We didn't want this women to a heart beat away from the presidency. If he had chosen anyone else - especially Huckabee - we would have voted for him and McCain would have probably done better.
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle in africa: when the sun comes up you'd better be running.
Professor

Postby Darko on Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:48 am

Palin made my decision to vote Obama a lot easier. I usually vote democrat (I'll hide behind something now), but I had a lot of respect for McCain (and would have voted for him over Gore or Kerry easily). But the thought of Gosh-Golly-Gee-Whiz Palin in the same room as nuclear launch codes chills me to the core.

That said, I've since lost a lot of respect for McCain. I used to support him because, even when I disagreed with him, I could tell he was taking the stances he was taking because he truly believed in them. Ever since the election (and even a bit toward the end of the election) he seems to only be interested in saying whatever he thinks will get him reelected. I like Huckabee for a lot of the same reasons I used to like McCain, and certainly hope the GOP is smart enough to run him in '12 instead of going with stunt-casting with someone like Palin.
I support the separation of Church and Hate.
Darko

Return to News & Politics