Where do you get your news?

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Where do you get your news?

Postby andrwfields on Tue May 30, 2006 12:50 pm

I personally listen to radio, watch CNN HN, and read Google News. Any other great places I should look at?

I try to find news that is as un-biased as possible. Which is why I don't watch Fox News.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby chad_ghost on Tue May 30, 2006 4:41 pm

i dont get much news :)

if i do, its usually from my mom or on here.
chad_ghost

Chad & Matthew's Custom GI Joe Figures
"We cannot live the Christian life, only strive to. Only one man did, and they named it after Him."
chad_ghost
Administrator

Re: Where do you get your news?

Postby RevSears on Tue May 30, 2006 4:52 pm

andrwfields wrote:I personally listen to radio, watch CNN HN, and read Google News. Any other great places I should look at?

I try to find news that is as un-biased as possible. Which is why I don't watch Fox News.

so you have a bias against fox? :P

Sorry I think Cnn is the one who is biased! truth is they all are just a little. I watch mostly fox news and catch msnbc and just kinda read whatever catches my fancy
RevSears

Postby ColtsFan76 on Tue May 30, 2006 5:03 pm

I have to agree with RevSears. Fox is biased for sure - but along the conservative slant. I think Fox is necessary to balance the leftest crap on the other channels. CNN has become really biased in my opinion but the cnn.com for some reason seems more balanced (CNN:HN also is balanced but I don't have the time to watch like I used to in college). That site is set as my homepage at work so whenever i get online, I can get a quick update on the day's news.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

<><
ColtsFan76
aka G.I. Bri

Postby andrwfields on Tue May 30, 2006 6:10 pm

Most of my news is gathered from the online sites. I watched Fox News a while back until they got overinvolved in the Presidential Race '04. I get to watch CNN: HN because it's one of the four channels that I recieve with my Cable Internet. Hahaha. I'm a cheapo.
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby Normus on Wed May 31, 2006 12:41 am

for some reason most of the news i hear about tends to come from the monolauge of Jay Leno, but thats probly not a good thing. But other then that I tend to get it online.
Normus

Postby tigerguy786 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:11 pm

answersingenesis.com has a lot of news regarding christians from a totally chrisitan perspective. They don't really have headlines (which I assum is what your looking for) but they have a lot if nice articles on various topics.

TigerGuy
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send and who will go before us?"
Then said I, "Here am I, send me." Isaiah 6:8
tigerguy786

Postby the pyromaniac on Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:08 pm

Normus wrote:for some reason most of the news i hear about tends to come from the monolauge of Jay Leno, but thats probly not a good thing. But other then that I tend to get it online.

Dangit NoRmus, I read this at work and dang near choked on a Twinkie I was eating. Standard Insults #1 & 4!
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby destros_elite on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:24 pm

Yet another good thread that is worth bringing back for a moment. I get my news from Fox News mostly...oh! and ESPN! :D
It was interesting reading through these posts. Fox News is biased, but as Rev put it, conservative. Someone even mentioned they gave up on Fox News because they became too involved in the 04 Election. I wonder what they thought about CNN during the 08 Election? 8O
It is actually impossible to get a totally unbiased viewpoint from the media. We all just have to use good judgement and remember to look at things through Jesus's eyes and let Him shape our thinking on issues. If we do that...it'll all work out! :mrgreen:
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
Amy: That's breaking and entering!
TheDoctor: What did I break? Sonicing and entering,totally different[/u]
DoctorWho-The Hungry Earth
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:09 am

good one to be bring back. Cnn is pretty bad, but msnbc wow! i tuned it out of curisoity and watched an anchor name off folks like Bill O'Riely as some of the worst and evilist people on the planet... ??? I also don't feel fox's slant to the right is nearly as bad as other's slant to the left. I have to confess though, as much as I agree with Hannity I preferred the more even show opposite combs.
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:35 am

RevSears wrote:good one to be bring back. Cnn is pretty bad, but msnbc wow! i tuned it out of curisoity and watched an anchor name off folks like Bill O'Riely as some of the worst and evilist people on the planet... ??? I also don't feel fox's slant to the right is nearly as bad as other's slant to the left. I have to confess though, as much as I agree with Hannity I preferred the more even show opposite combs.

Me, too, Rev! Hannity and Combs was the perfect show, bring views from both sides. Don't get me wrong, I still watch Hannity, but he can be a little ridiculous sometimes.
TheDoctor: "Restricted access, no unauthorized personnel." Hmmm... [opens lock with sonic screwdriver]
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:20 am

Plus he has an awful taste in music :)
http://nerd4thelord.wordpress.com/ A blog about Nerd topics from a Christian perspective.
RevSears

Postby Matthew on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:36 am

I get my news from "The Onion"

:shifty:
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby destros_elite on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 am

Matthew wrote:I get my news from "The Onion"

:shifty:

I'm not familiar with "The Onion". Is it a news website?
destros_elite

Postby RevSears on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 am

yeah it is , and it's fake news.
RevSears

Next

Return to News & Politics