Oh no....

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Oh no....

Postby andrwfields on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:25 am

Anything but this

I don't know about you guys, but she scares me. I think our nation would really be in for a doomed roller coaster ride if she does run in the 2008 Election.

I've really wanted a woman with a good chance a reputation to run for some time now, because I think that our nation would do good having a change other than 60 yr old white male sitting in the oval office. But not her. I had someone along the lines of... I don't know, Condoleza Rice.

"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com

Postby Matthew on Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:51 am

well, most of my views are conservative, so I wouldn't vote for her. she'll have tremendous backing, especially from the people who still talk about how good an "inhereted" job Bill did.

not really sure what to think about it though (though I'd have to agree about Condoleza)
The Mayor

Postby Skyfire on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:02 am

People were talking about this as far back as 2004.

What happened was that during 2004, the Clintons were making an unusually high number of appearances, as if they were attempting to overshadow Kerry. Based on this, the theory was that the Clintons were trying to torpedo Kerry's chances so that Hillary wouldn't have to run against an incumbant.
"Whatever I do, you don't!"

Bon Scott (July 9, 1946 - February 19, 1980) to the much younger Angus Young (both of AC/DC), as remembered by Young.

Postby camper on Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:13 am

It'll never happen.

As 'forward thinking' as we are as a country, we're still not ready for a female president. The democratic party is setting themselves up for failure if she's the frontrunner. She'll never make it past the primaries if she even goes on the ticket.

Postby ColtsFan76 on Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:32 pm

I think she has an excellent chance to be the Demoncrat candidate. But that will mobilize the GOP base like nothing else. England had their conservative Thatcher, I would vote for a conservative woman.
James 1:19-20 (NIV)
My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.

aka G.I. Bri

Return to News & Politics