North Koh Ree Ha

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

North Koh Ree Ha

Postby andrwfields on Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:36 pm

They're at it again. Those wacky North Koreans are doing target practice at us.

From a politcal standpoint, one must ask: Why haven't we just put the big microwave to em and got it over with?

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in wars that can be avoided. I would want them to get the innocent out first before any action was taken. I just can't see why the U.N. has let a threat like this thrive for so long. They've never had any intention of stopping their violent ways, yet nobody does anything about it. This country is not very big and shouldn't serve this big of a threat.

What do you guys think?
"...An Apology. If you met me between 1987 and 2005 and I told you, "I'll pray for you," that was a lie. Never happened. I probably didn't pray for you. And that's not cool." - Prodigal Jon from StuffChristiansLike.blogspot.com
andrwfields
Constable

Postby camper on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:59 pm

Kim Jong Il is a wackjob, plain and simple. I can't help but wonder if part of the reason he's trying to be able to develop a missle to hit the west coast is in part revenge for the way he's depicted in "Team America". :roll:

I was reading on fox or cnn that he's essentially said he'll start a nuclear war if the US takes any pre-emptive measures whatsoever.

Now....if he launched a missle and it had an error and failed, wouldn't that be a pretty arrogant thing to say if you didn't have any conceivable way of backing up that statment?

Maybe I'm being paranoid - but something tells me that he's not showing his full hand.

dan
camper

Postby Skyfire on Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:22 pm

Any conflict involving the United States and North Korea will immediately drag South Korea, China, Russia, and Japan into the picture.

Right now, Kim Jong Il is being propped up by China. However, if Il keeps at it then China is going to turn its back on him. If that happens, then the only way for North Korea to survive is with what limited nuclear arsenal it may posess. Otherwise, South Korea and Russia could easily over-run them before we even got a sizeable force in the region.
"Whatever I do, you don't!"

Bon Scott (July 9, 1946 - February 19, 1980) to the much younger Angus Young (both of AC/DC), as remembered by Young.
Skyfire

Postby the pyromaniac on Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:49 pm

Here's my thoughts...

Kim Jong Il --> mucho loco en la cabeza!
...but seriously, I think he's just psychotic enough to try to launch a missile at Tokyo or San Francisco. My wife was talking about it last night when I got home from work, and when she saw this on the news she was reminded of a couple of years ago when we were watching Benny Hinn on TBN one day, and he was asking Oral Roberts about a vision he had. Brother Roberts mentioned something he saw while praying, that there would be a big light in the sky that all the nations would see, that would be worse than 9/11, and that it was the sign of the beginning of the Time of the End.

United Nations --> serves no useful purpose!
...I mean, think about it... All they ever seem to accomplish is to warn the US that we should do this or that, but they pander to people like Saddam Hussein until we remove them from power.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Normus on Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:37 am

At least back in the cold war, the russians got the concept of mutally assured destruction. Psychos like this I'm not sure he does.
Normus

Return to News & Politics