Steroid use in baseball

Do you like listening to the news and politics everyday, just because you think it's interesting to know how our government is one step nearer to starting WW3? Discuss those issues here.

Postby Matthew on Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:57 pm

i agree pyro, but now that the steroid thing has come out it makes homeruns (that Howard and Ortiz are hitting) exciting again. I love seeing teams with the top HR with 20 (dodgers) and people shooting for 30/30 and 40/40.
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:03 pm

It's pretty awesome to see Howard and Ortiz taking their shot at 62, and knowing they're probably clean. If Howard hits 62, I'll consider him the single-season home run champion, and I've noticed that a lot of the former players who are now announcers on XM are saying the same thing.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Matthew on Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:45 pm

i think I will too. I mean seriously, you know things have been bad the last ten years when Jay Bell hit 38 homers in 1999 and Brady Anderson hit 50.

This year the majority of the top 10 in homers aren't big guys (alphonso soriano for peat sakes). The majority of them are complete players
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:17 pm

I'm really hoping the Nationals can keep Soriano. It's going to be a great thing for baseball if a team working on such a small budget can pull that off, but the word is he wants to stay in D.C.
"A lot of Christians take a part of their life and try to make it their ministry. Plumb is my job, but every conscious second is my ministry."

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Matthew on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:31 pm

the pyromaniac wrote:I'm really hoping the Nationals can keep Soriano. It's going to be a great thing for baseball if a team working on such a small budget can pull that off, but the word is he wants to stay in D.C.

which is surprising because he didn't want to go there plus he didn't want to go to outfield, but I'd say it worked out for him. I really love alot of players on this team (ie Christian Guzman :D)
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:57 pm

Guzman's a fun player to watch when he's healthy. I really like watching him leg out triples. Here's hoping he's healthy in '07. I'm a Braves fan, so I normally want to see the other teams in the NL East crash and burn, I think it's a great thing for the game when the Nationals do well, and it's been great for the northern Virginia area to have them there.

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Postby Matthew on Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:02 pm

yeah, i really like the nationals too for some reason. I like rooting for low paying underdog teams.

i love national league baseball. I loved when Jim Tracy was with the Dodgers and they had Cezar Izturus there. I also loved Paul LoDuca. Guys who can run, bunt, sacrfice, hit n run. That's baseball.

I'm a Dodgers fan, an although they may go to the playoffs I'm not a huge fan of what they have done with the team. If I had it my way I'd have Jeff Kent at 1B, Furcal at SS, Cesar Izturus (before they traded him) at 3B, Nomar in LF, Drew in RF. Not sure about 2B and CF though. Oh well
Matthew
The Mayor

Postby the pyromaniac on Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:16 pm

There are things I like about the Braves, and some that I don't. In the bullpen, I like that Bob Wickman is coming back, I hope Danys Baez comes back, and I'd also like to see a healthy Chris Reitsma coming back as a late-inning guy who doesn't close unless absolutely necessary. I like the starting rotation of John Smoltz, Tim Hudson, a healthy Mike Hampton, and any two guys from the list of Horacio Ramirez, Chuck James, and Kyle Davies. Macay McBride is a good reliever, who I think can be a great reliever in a couple more years.

I like Jeff Francoeur as the right fielder, I'm hoping we keep Andruw Jones in center, and I can't complain about the platoon of Ryan Langerhans and Matt Diaz in left.

I still like Chipper Jones when he's healthy at third, Edgar Renteria should be the comeback player of the year at short, and Adam LaRoche is a stone's throw from superstardom at first. I think Marcus Giles will be traded, and I hope they get a reliever or a left fielder for him. A few years ago the Red Sox were trying to trade for him and they wanted to move him to left, but the Braves wouldn't bite. If they do finally move him I like Tony Pena, Jr. as the second baseman. I'm not sold on Willy Aybar yet, even though he was pretty highly thought of in the Dodgers' system.

At catcher, I think Brian McCann is going to be a dominant player for a long time if he doesn't get hurt. I also can't wait to see Brayan Pena as the backup for a full season if Todd Pratt leaves this off-season. Pena's a good offensive guy, just with very little power, and has glove skills that are at least as good as McCann's.

I predict that a new streak begins next season in Atlanta! :D

Tiffany (Arbuckle) Lee
lead singer, Plumb
the pyromaniac

Previous

Return to News & Politics